Qbittorent freezes laptop

Windows specific questions, problems.
robboman

Qbittorent freezes laptop

Post by robboman »

Hello,

The last 3 months I've been using Qbittorent, and I really like the program.
The problem is the last few weeks every time Qbittorent is running (downloading torrents) my laptop just freezes for like 2 minutes and then continues to operate...
It only happens when Qbittorent is running.

My laptop specs are decent:

- Intel core i-5 2.3ghz
- 8gb ram
- 750gig hd

running Qbittorrent 3.6 on Windows 7 64bit. Anyone knows how to fix this?

thanks!
loki

Re: Qbittorent freezes laptop

Post by loki »

My guess is hdd power save feature might be causing the freeze, when it has to spin the disk back up it freezes?
Were you running anything else that actively uses hdd when the freeze happens?
Avelon

Post by Avelon »

There are many things that might cause the trouble. It could be security software. It could be that qB rechecks every torrent. What does Windows-Log say? Any errors?
If it freezes it could be, like loki said, energy options or a process that consumes pretty much all your cpu.
robboman

Post by robboman »

Thanks for the responses. There are no other processes that take up a lot of the cpu. It only happens when Qbittorent is running.
The battery usage is set to 'high performance' in windows. Windows-log does not show any errors. It does not happen with other torrent applications.
Avelon

Post by Avelon »

Hm, just out of curiosity: Does it happen with security software turned off? Does it happen when you allocate just 1 CPU core to qB?
As it happens only for the last few weeks it could be related to an update...
Do you have some huge torrents right now or for the last couple of weeks? Is pre-allocation (space on disk) on?