RSS feeds - the file size

Windows specific questions, problems.
Kadadjo

RSS feeds - the file size

Post by Kadadjo »

I noticed that whenever I start qbittorrent it takes a while and it drains some CPU so I looked around and tried to find the issue. Just now I noticed it was because of my RSS ini file, it was bloody 8MB. I exported the information, deleted it and imported it and now it's 2MB so that's better but still, it takes a while to start the application and whenever I touch the RSS function in the client it takes always a few seconds to load, it's rather annoying. I was wondering if there was a solution to this? If I disable the RSS feed the client is super quick.

FYI, I've a SSD drive that I keep up-to-date and while not the fastest computer out there it has a Q9550 2.8GHz CPU and 4GB DDR2 RAM. I was thinking of making a RamDrive for perhaps 50MB and create a junction link, it would probably speed up the process but I was hoping I could do something else.
tekko

Re: RSS feeds - the file size

Post by tekko »

Decrease the max number of articles per feed in setting? I've never used the rss reader, so I am just guessing.
Last edited by tekko on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kadadjo

Re: RSS feeds - the file size

Post by Kadadjo »

I had 100 and I now reduced it to 50, it's now 1.8MB instead of 2.8MB it was a minute before. Thanks for the help. I'll move the files to a RamDrive in case it starts to slowdown again. :)