Stop completed torrents instead of "Pausing" them

Other platforms, generic questions.
tefaa89

Stop completed torrents instead of "Pausing" them

Post by tefaa89 »

Hey :),

I am new to qbittorrent, I just moved from the blotted utorrent to qbittorrent. And I have to say till now I have no problems whatsoever.

I just have one issue which is not a big deal but its annoying. :-\

After I complete downloading a torrent (100%), it goes into seeding state. Usually I let the torrent seed for a while (a day or so) then "stop" it.

But in Qbitttorrent I can only "pause" it which is annoying because the qbittorrent still checks if the downloaded files still exist or not.

Meaning, if I moved/renamed the completed files somewhere else, the client will still keep checking for the files and it will show the downloaded status as (0%).

I like to keep the completed torrents in my torrent client as reference of what did I already download.

So, is it possible to "stop" the completed torrent such that it does not show (0% status) after I move the files ?

Thanks in Advance ...
6ril

Re: Stop completed torrents instead of "Pausing" them

Post by 6ril »

Hi,

I've got the same concern, tho I would like a different solution. Instead of a Stop function, I think it would be best to be able to specify a saving location for each torrent.
That way, we could store the files in their proper place (who want all his downloaded files in the same directory????) and keep seeding them, or in your case having them paused but still at 100%.

Is there a way to do that? so far I've only manage to specify a unique saving location in options, and it's really not convenient at all.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

[quote="6ril"]
Hi,

I've got the same concern, tho I would like a different solution. Instead of a Stop function, I think it would be best to be able to specify a saving location for each torrent.
That way, we could store the files in their proper place (who want all his downloaded files in the same directory????) and keep seeding them, or in your case having them paused but still at 100%.

Is there a way to do that? so far I've only manage to specify a unique saving location in options, and it's really not convenient at all.
[/quote]

Tools->Options...->Downloads->Display torrent contents and some options (enable it)
Then when adding a new torrent a dialog appears. From the dropdown menu choose "other" and you will be able to choose a different path.
Also for torrents already in the list: right-click on them and choose "set location..."
Was it so hard?
6ril

Post by 6ril »

sledgehammer,

Of course it would be easy, IF ONLY THOSE FEATURES EXISTED !  lol ! I bet they do on windows/mac/..  versions of Qbittorent (I hope so) but I'm using the WebUI, running on a NAS, and there's NO SUCH THINGS as "set location"...
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

You didn't mention you were using the webui...