A Few Small Website Sugguestions (And Fix The W3C XHTML 1.0 Errors Please)

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
war59312

A Few Small Website Sugguestions (And Fix The W3C XHTML 1.0 Errors Please)

Post by war59312 »

Hi,

You really ought to fix all the web sites' W3C XHTML 1.0 errors.

That or get rid of the W3C XHTML 1.0 button on the bottom claiming the site is error free. ::)

While you are at it..

Should drop index.php from "home" link. It's NOT needed at all and ugly link. ha!

In fact you should remove ".php" from all the links and use nice clean URLs (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean_URL).

And should make the big nice logo clickable and take the user to the home page when clicked.

And on the home page, why is "FreeBSD)." and "survive." on a single line under "about". ugh! ugly!. Please fix...  :-[

Just re-word it so the words fit on the same lines better.

And you should show at least once screen-shot on the homepage itself.

The menu items should change color if you are on that page.

For example if the user is on the Download page then make the "Download" menu item a different color so clearly show the user is on that page.

And please make sure the menu name and the "header" of the page match... For example you have a "Download" menu item, but the page is then labeled "Downloads". They should match.

The downloads page should also list MD5 and CRC32. Not everyone uses SHA-1. In fact, I'd bet MD5 is still way more popular today.

Ugh, again on the downloads page.. Why is "4.8.3" on a single line under "Mac OS X Snow Leopard / Lion / Mountain Lion". Please fix.

Downloads page is missing Windows 8. Of course it is.. Is Windows 2000 really supported? And if so, do it require a service pack? If not know, you should assume that it DOES, which would be SP4a.

So as you can see most of these are very easy to fix.

Fixing the XHTML make take you awhile... Or perhaps not..  8)

cya,

Will
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Re: A Few Small Website Sugguestions (And Fix The W3C XHTML 1.0 Errors Please)

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Thanks for noticing. I'll try to fix the issues, but it isn't top priority.
If you however volunteer, I can give you the source files to fix them.