Forum Logo

For the generic offtopic chit-chat
akya

Forum Logo

Post by akya »

Well I gave a try at creating a transparent forum logo.. My font is a lil bit different since I didn't know the original font used.. My guess Pescara maybe? Anyways here it is...

Image                    Image

Image                    Image
Last edited by akya on Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Forum Logo

Post by Peter »

Looks neat.
(IMO we don't even need that huge blue background on the text if the image goes transparent. I know it's like that on the website as well, but it goes with the blue background there.)
akya

Post by akya »

[quote="shiki"]
Looks neat.
(IMO we don't even need that huge blue background on the text if the image goes transparent. I know it's like that on the website as well, but it goes with the blue background there.)
[/quote]
Yep.. I kept it just so that it doesn't look too much different.. People don't like that sometimes.. especially in logos..
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Just throw in a few, or at least one other variation(s, if you have any besides the font without oversized stroke effect.)
akya

Post by akya »

I will add some more to the first post as I create..
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Good job, I think that the transparant ones will look better than the current one.
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

[quote="Nemo"]
Good job, I think that the transparant ones will look better than the current one.
[/quote]

The current one in the Ambassador theme is just a simple qb orb :)
About the akya's logos - i like the first on top (traditional logo) and the third (which is the same without the blue glow). But maybe the grey variant is not bad for the dark themes ;)
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

I dig the top-right one.
Others?
Should we make a vote or something?
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Both of the top ones are nice. But if I would choose between those two I would go for the top left :D; fits our forum style with the blue themed letters and shadows.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

@OP

Just so you know. You can find the mascot art here and qbt logo/icon here. These the biggest resolutions I could find in the repo. (unless the previous maintainer has them somewhere else also in the repo).
akya

Post by akya »

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
@OP

Just so you know. You can find the mascot art here and qbt logo/icon here. These the biggest resolutions I could find in the repo. (unless the previous maintainer has them somewhere else also in the repo).
[/quote]
Ooh didn't know about that.. I extracted these from the header image of the main site... I will update the logos and maybe add some more today :)
Edit: Updated by using the stock images..
Last edited by akya on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

So when do we vote? :)))
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

I made the logo for the most used forum theme and i still keep the files. I have the mascot and the orb from the old wiki. Also i have some old variations for transparent logo without the mascot and the orb. But they all follow "the official line".

QB_forum_logo.psd
Last edited by ironcross on Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.