Labels

Windows specific questions, problems.
TraspenG

Labels

Post by TraspenG »

Hello all,

I'm just about to switch to qBittorrent permanently from µTorrent. The only thing I can't get to work is the labels. I use labels as "labels only" and not for anything folder, or torrrent related, so my questions are simple ones.

1. In µTorrent I can assign multiple labels to a torrent. I can't seem to do that in qBittorrent. For example, I used to be able to create a label for Site1, Site 2, etc and Program 1, Program 2, etc so I could ascertain where I downloaded a particular program in case I needed to go find it again. I would label them as follows:

Program 1, Site 1
Program 1, Site 2
Program 1, Site 1
.. and so on.

2. When I assign labels on the fly (when I click on a torrent link) the "label" list stays in the order I input them, not in alphabetical order. How can I sort this list alphabetically? See attached screenshot...

Thanks in advance for your reply!
Attachments
Labels.png
ciaobaby

Re: Labels

Post by ciaobaby »

2. When I assign labels on the fly (when I click on a torrent link) the "label" list stays in the order I input them, not in alphabetical order. How can I sort this list alphabetically?
What version and OS

The labels do alpha sort in Ver 3.0.8 "Add Dialogue", Win 7 32bit
TraspenG

Post by TraspenG »

[quote="ciaobaby"]

What version and OS
The labels do alpha sort in Ver 3.0.8 "Add Dialogue", Win 7 32bit
[/quote]

qBittorrent v 3.1.3 running on Win 7 32bit SP1 and they aren't sorted alphabetically in the "add" dialogue but they are in the main interface.

On another note... Are you the same ciaobaby that's "Smarter than the av-er-age bear!" that has posted for years on the µTorrent forums? If so, are you converting too?
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Yep, the very same arrogant, egotistical, elitist, argumentative [whatever] etc. etc. Ciaobaby :)

I've been running qBitTorrent for a while but I've now transferred all jobs over and running qBT exclusively.
TraspenG

Post by TraspenG »

[quote="ciaobaby"]
Yep, the very same arrogant, egotistical, elitist, argumentative [whatever] etc. etc. Ciaobaby :)
[/quote]

You're not so bad... you just seem to dislike idiots.  ;)

The label thing isn't a deal breaker. I've run my own personal tests between qBittorrent and µTorrent and can say (for ME at least) qBT wins hands down where it counts. The rest is fluff. I'm currently in the "phasing out µT" stage.
Seedthis

Post by Seedthis »

Hey TraspenG, this has been fixed in 3.1.4. Labels are now sorted out automatically in the add torrent window.

link to the original bug report on GitHub : https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/1150

And just as an extra, link to the opened issues for the future 3.1.5 build : https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... state=open