migrate to a new machine.

Windows specific questions, problems.
carsonmayert

migrate to a new machine.

Post by carsonmayert »

hello,
I installed a new win 10 machine. and I want to transfer all of the torrent list from my old machine (win 10 as well)
I already moved the external hard drive where all the data resides.

I need to transfer the list from the old pc to the new one.

Thanks.
PriitUring

Re: migrate to a new machine.

Post by PriitUring »

Copy all qBittorrent related files and folders from the default Appdata folder or compress into 2 different .zip files to transfer everything quicker and to have a backup somewhere safe. One of folder has your settings, another folder has your database or .torrent and their resume data files that work in other Windows
OS computer just fine. To avoid issues, you should place downloaded files to same place as you had them previously on same or on another computer before opening qBittorrent again, otherwise after copying qBittorrent appdata folders you might have to do rechecking, redownloading or you might need to manually specify your transfers download locations.

If you can't see appdata folder, then you can open File Explorer settings and enable showing hidden files and folders or search for RUN after opening Start Menu or just right click on your Windows start menu icon, select RUN and copy paste these and press enter key or OK on screen to get Windows to automatically open correct place of these:
1. %APPDATA%\qBittorrent
2. %LOCALAPPDATA%\qBittorrent

Link to official qBittorrent WIKI FAQ page:
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... s_settings