qBittorrent on MacOS freezes when I try to download more than one file directly to Synology NAS

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
Lind

qBittorrent on MacOS freezes when I try to download more than one file directly to Synology NAS

Post by Lind »

I have a Synology NAS and I have been using my Windows laptop to download directly to the NAS for years now. I just switched the download location in settings.

I got a new MacBook and set up qBittorrent the exact same, and tried to download to the NAS by changing the download location.

If I download only one torrent, it works mostly fine and the file will download to the NAS. However when I try to download multiple torrents at once, it freezes.

I can’t seem to figure out why this is happening, because it works with the Windows laptop with many torrents at once.

If I change the download location from my NAS to my MacBook's internal hard drive, I can download multiple torrents without any issue. But obviously I want to be able to download directly to the NAS.

I am using version 4.4.3 (Apple Silicon).
Sinisan

Re: qBittorrent on MacOS freezes when I try to download more than one file directly to Synology NAS

Post by Sinisan »

Hello,

As far as I know, you should try to downgrade and use 4.3.9 version. Lot of problems with more recent versions.

I hope one day someone will say "ok, now you can upgrade your client", but until this, I stay on 4.3.9 after wasting lot of time trying newer versions.

Hope it will help.
Fuga
Veteran
Veteran

Re: qBittorrent on MacOS freezes when I try to download more than one file directly to Synology NAS

Post by Fuga »

Yep, even on silicon stay with older qB.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Hmm just set qBittorrent to download temporarily to your MAC laptop, and then move them to the NAS. It will still take a long time to complete the move, but it is what it is. Also, maybe the macbook is not capable of the same wifi speeds as the Windows machine was?