Change Download Folder

Windows specific questions, problems.
ocker

Change Download Folder

Post by ocker »

I may be missing something but I do not know what (I also searched for "Change download folder" and the search was too common to give me any result)
I have changed the "Default save path" but it changes nothing, nowhere have I told it to download to my user/downloads folder, the only place that is shown is where to search for torrents. I can change each individual torrents download destination by right clicking EACH individual torrent in the cue and navigating to the location I want....for EACH individual torrent. Why is this so hard? Why is there a place to designate the download location if it is simply ignored?
I am also going to want the files to be moved once complete, there is a space for me to input where I want that to be..... but it also is pointless as it does nothing. How can I get qBittorrent to do what it say it will do? BitTorrent does what it is told, is the only solution to go back to that program?
PriitUring

Re: Change Download Folder

Post by PriitUring »

Are you using newest qBittorrent v4.4.5 or v4.5.0beta1?
Are you using categories and expect incomplete and completed files feature to not respect torrents with a category?
Did you enable Append .!qB extension to incomplete files?

You do know you can replace trackers, use tags, sort and highlight all with CTRL + A or highlight with mouse, use filters on left side to show Downloading or completed to manually modify locations or do anything else quickly with multiple torrents?
ocker

Post by ocker »

I am using 4.4.5
I am doing nothing with categories
I did not enable Append .!qB extension to incomplete files.....should I?
Being able to select multiple files is all well and good but there is a space in the UI to enter where I want the files to co when incomplete and another to enter the destination for complete files......why? What is the point if they do nothing.
QuestionMarc

Post by QuestionMarc »

Hi all,

Mostly same problem here.

Windows 10 1809 LTSB
qBittorrent 4.4.5
".qbit" extension added.
"Pre-Allocate disk" is activated.

At start, at the request of a torrent, download failure.
Every time the program is ran at boot, although the "default save path" and the "Copy .torrent files to" are set to "C:\Users\Userxxx\Downloads", qBittorrent tries to save in its installed program folder.
I have to manually choose an other place, such as "Desktop" where it loads fine.

Often, when I try a second (other) download, I get the same error but on the previously "working" folder and have to change it again.
I can deal with it that but it is a strange behavior that doesn't seem to be common.
FWIW, no exotic antivirus, anti malware, or else, just the default MS one.

Thanks for reading this.

Regards.
QuestionMarc

Post by QuestionMarc »

Request solved and closed.

Using another torrent program is the best available solution.

Goodbye farewell.
ocker

Post by ocker »

So.....I was recently forced to use magnetic link to get a torrent and qbittorrent saved the download in the folder I set it to download into.
Which means the problem is not that the location setting is being ignored by the program.
It is a problem with the coding not using that location setting when the torrent is added from a manual download.
Is the issue a USER problem - NO
Is the issue a PROGRAMMING problem - DEFINETLY