MAC OS Ventura read-only file system

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
anomalek

MAC OS Ventura read-only file system

Post by anomalek »

A few days after upgrading to the new Mac OS Ventura 13.0.1 My qbittorrent, which had been flawless for ages, suddenly began having a huge issue. All my completed files were red and errored in qbit at 0.00% even though the completely downloaded files were all at the correct locations in multiple external drives. as it impacted all my downloads on several different externals, I assume the problem must either be a setting in QBit or a new setting in Ventura.

I ended up simply deleting the entries for most of the many hundreds of things I'd been seeding.

But when I tried to download something new, I got something like "Error: Couldn't write to file, read-only file system." I think it said something about the torrent being in upload mode only. The file won't download and the error code now says Error: No such file or directory.

I'm a bit dense with this stuff, could anyone please walk me through resolving this? If suggesting things like "Try running as an administrator", please provide a link on how to run qbit as an administrator on mac Ventura.