Missing Files Error when resuming QB and have multiple torrents seeding from the same files

Other platforms, generic questions.
HaArD

Missing Files Error when resuming QB and have multiple torrents seeding from the same files

Post by HaArD »

Once in a while qBittorrent has to resume and recheck all my torrents (power outages etc)

When this happens I often get errors on some of my torrents. I've finally narrowed it down to a specific scenario:

Multiple torrents, cross seeding from the same source files, one or more may check fine, but sometimes, not every time, one will fail with a "Missing Files" error. The worst part is when this happens there is no way to get it to check the files again, I end up moving the files from the destination (linked to category) back to the download folder, Recheck from there and then QB moves them back again to the category folder.

So two questions:

1. Is there any way to prevent this failure? I suspect it's contention when two torrents are trying to check against the same physical file but not sure.
2. When I get a "Missing Files" error is there any way to re-check the torrent without moving the files around?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Missing Files Error when resuming QB and have multiple torrents seeding from the same files

Post by Peter »

I'd simply do this another way:

- Get a UPS if you can. There are many cheap ones out there, company bought an 'nJoy' brand one. It's super cheap and can do 1.2kW max.

- Change Windows settings so it writes out data immediately.
How?
> Press CTRL+X, and pick Device Manager (or just go Device Manager).
> Double-click your device(s)
> Policies tab
> And disable "Write caching".

This WILL decrease write speeds but should improve resilience a lot.
HaArD

Re: Missing Files Error when resuming QB and have multiple torrents seeding from the same files

Post by HaArD »

That's not the problem. I have a UPS and have disabled write caching already.

The issue is with the way qBittorrent resumes and checks torrents, and why it falsely generates a "Missing Files" error when the files are not missing at all, this only seem to happen when I have multiple torrents seeding from the same physical files. I'm trying to figure out how to prevent qBittorrent from generating that false error, and if that's not possible at least a better way to recover from it.