how do I add trackes to the torrent I created?

Other platforms, generic questions.
sharonS430

how do I add trackes to the torrent I created?

Post by sharonS430 »

I created a couple of torrents of old TV shows (ie The Munsters, etc) and have only 1 tracker for them. I have not been able to figure out how to create more. Some help Please... Thank you
rdalek

Re: how do I add trackes to the torrent I created?

Post by rdalek »

I been trying to figure out some good trackers to add to torrents as well. Adding them is easy enough. Two ways here.

First way, find the same torrent on another site and add that torrent to the existing one. Sometimes that can be difficult since I've seen the same torrent with slightly different names. One site I use will be linked to below. The way I search for torrents, I highlight the hash code on the General tab and copy it. I then paste it in the search field on the site. It has only found one torrent for me so far. By the way, you can just click on the purple and green box to download the torrent file or magnet link. Qbittorrent accepts both so I usually add them both. Sometimes, one will have links the other does not.

https://solidtorrents.to/

Second way, if you have tracker URLs that you want to manually add, find the torrent in the list that you want to add trackers too. Highlight it, right click on it and select Edit Trackers in the menu. It will open a window and should list the current trackers if any. Unless you have one that you know is bad, leave whatever is there. Just scroll to the bottom of the list and paste the URL into the list. You can do this with more than one tracker. Given it has to merge them, you may want to only add known good ones and a few at a time.

Also, let's say you want to add the same trackers to several torrents, that can be done. Just highlight each torrent, hold down ctrl key to select multiple ones, in Linux anyway, or you can highlight one, scroll down to where you want to stop, press and hold the shift key to select and it should highlight all between first selection and last selection. Again, I'm a Linux user.

While I'm a Linux user, the add trackers part should work the same I'd think. The selection process in the last part may work differently. It may depend on the OS. Worth a try if you feel comfy with it.
rdalek

Re: how do I add trackes to the torrent I created?

Post by rdalek »

I reread your post. I missed a important bit. You are talking about adding trackers after you have uploaded your own torrent. I did some searching and it appears you can not do that without uploading the torrent again as a new torrent. Basically, once you send the .torrent file, it can't be edited.

I'm glad I run up on this because I learned something. If a person creates a torrent, it is important to make sure the tracker links used will be around a long time.