Hello from Oz

gregtheaussie

Hello from Oz

Post by gregtheaussie »

Hello folks

I've been using qBittorrent for a couple of years now and noticed my version is way out of date on the weekend! Tried to update it but failed. Plus I noticed that while downloading a large file, which took many days, many of the peers' downloads were happening way faster than my own was.

So I am here looking for tips and guidelines on how to make the best use of the software and learn good torrenting etiquette.

I'll be reading avidly and will welcome any references to existing material.

Cheers

Greg
Tech101

Re: Hello from Oz

Post by Tech101 »

Wowwwwwwww I hope the name u signed off with was not ur real name... and what version of windows r u using cos my qbit would not upgrade anymore cos i was using Win7 or Tiny 7.... and is only 32bit, so on my win8.1 machine i had to install qbit there as its 64bit for the latest version then transfer the ini and backup files to the other pc to continue on with downloads.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Tech101 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:14 amWowwwwwwww I hope the name u signed off with was not ur real name...
Torrenting can be used for many other purposes, other than just pirating. Also, no one cares if you say you are torrenting. Copyright agencies will connect to swarms, track people downloading and send the letters and fines out. So don't worry about the names. :)

There is a Tiny11 now or Tiny10, by the same guy who made the NT customization software; but I think he paywalled it. I grabbed the first version, but I could not find the later ones and I sure won't pay for it. I mean the idea is noble, but why would I pay if I don't even know if it works. Also, not sure if paywalling a paid, closed-source software such as Microsoft Windows is legal at all.

@Greg: Which version / OS are you using?
Tech101

Post by Tech101 »

Peter wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:35 am

Torrenting can be used for many other purposes, other than just pirating. Also, no one cares if you say you are torrenting. Copyright agencies will connect to swarms, track people downloading and send the letters and fines out. So don't worry about the names. :)

There is a Tiny11 now or Tiny10, by the same guy who made the NT customization software; but I think he paywalled it. I grabbed the first version, but I could not find the later ones and I sure won't pay for it. I mean the idea is noble, but why would I pay if I don't even know if it works. Also, not sure if paywalling a paid, closed-source software such as Microsoft Windows is legal at all.
I wish there was a Tiny8.1, cos I have no trust in w10 or w11 at all. This telemetry bs is just too much spyware and there is too much hidden under the hood so to speak. The only guy i know that made Tiny XP and Tiny7 was eXPerience and I thought he gave up the ghost and dissapeared?