After crashing some torrents can't check for existing files

Windows specific questions, problems.
nikgtasa

After crashing some torrents can't check for existing files

Post by nikgtasa »

Had to do a windows reinstall after a series of crashes, backedup the qbit folders from appdata and rechecked all torrents. Some of them, about 30 or 40 have their progress bar either reduced or missing (presumably because they got sent into the temporary folder?) and moving the files back to where they're supposed to be (or if they were there all along) and rechecking them doesn't re-enable the torrents. In most cases it just nukes the existing progress bar to 0 and redownloads everything. Now i know the files themselves are fine and usable (until qbit starts downloading it and messes it up) but the program clearly doesn't agree with me. I've tried moving files, changing and changing back download folder, restarting program, updating it, restarting pc, screaming at the ceiling but nothing worked so far. All my other torrents (few thousands) are fine but these ones aren't. They're from different drives too so i don't think it's a issue with the hdd either.
BransonLutz

Re: After crashing some torrents can't check for existing files

Post by BransonLutz »

Check the download path settings: Make sure that the download path in qBittorrent is correct and corresponds to the actual location of the torrent files. If the path is incorrect, edit it accordingly.
Double-check your torrents: qBittorrent has a "Recheck" function that checks the integrity and correctness of the torrent files. Try applying this function to problematic torrents to make sure they are in the correct state.
Change your temp folder: If the torrent files have been moved to a temp folder, try changing your settings so qBittorrent uses your original download folder for your temp files. This may help restore the progress bar and ensure that the files are moved correctly after downloading.
Update qBittorrent: Make sure you have the latest version of qBittorrent installed. Sometimes problems with the progress bar or moving files may be corrected in updated versions of the program.