newly download torrent with existing files won't properly recheck except in one folder

Windows specific questions, problems.
lastninja

newly download torrent with existing files won't properly recheck except in one folder

Post by lastninja »

Hi,
Since migrating from utorrent some years ago, I had many old torrents that were migrated but missing files due to having changed the storage drive or folder structure where the files reside.

So I often download a torrent from a tracker, and want to recheck the files to reseed it.

If I go to any folder other than my incomplete torrents folder (call 'tor inc') and try to force recheck, no files will be scanned/found.
I can't remember if it works if it is checked in my completed torrents folder ('tor fin') or not.

If I go to any other folder where the files are stored and try force recheck option, they won't be found/verified/rechecked.

But I have no idea why this happens.
So to get a recheck to work, I've found I need to move the files to 'tor fin', then force recheck, then 'set location' and move it back to where it was originally.

Why is this happening? Shouldn't force recheck work as long as I set the file location correctly?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: newly download torrent with existing files won't properly recheck except in one folder

Post by Peter »

Interesting, it works for me. Are you sure the folder structure is the same, as in the .torrent?
lastninja

Re: newly download torrent with existing files won't properly recheck except in one folder

Post by lastninja »

Yes, always - I was seeding them exactly the same in utorrent 2.2.1 until some of my favourite trackers banned it after a long time, so I migrated to QBT and am still occasionally finding torrents that didn't migrate correctly and am adding manually.

Perhaps some of my settings are not right, but I thought they were.

I'll make a video of the issue and send you a PM if that's ok?

I also noticed that, at least when a torrent is incomplete (for instance I scanned some music files with Serato DJ Pro and it changed the tags on it slightly), after it finishes re-downloading the small different 1-2% to update the tags back to the way the torrent originally was, it says 'moving' but it doesn't move it to 'Tor Fin' folder as it is meant to, it stays stuck in 'Tor Inc'. And I manually need to move it where I want to seed from. It DOES create and move it to a subfolder with the same name as the torrent folder structure though, doubling up the folder tree in Tor Inc. So for instanced, instead of moving to 'Tor Fin\Vaginal Carnage\', it instead moves it to 'Tor Inc\Vaginal Carnage\Vaginal Carnage\'.

PM send with video of issue, due to personal information in the video, not wanting to share publicly here.

I've also just now confirmed that I can ONLY force recheck folders in my 'incomplete torrents' 'Tor Inc' folder. It doesn't recheck in 'Tor Fin' the 'completed' torrents folder at all, or any other folder. ONLY the 'incomplete' torrents folder.