Very strange problem

Windows specific questions, problems.
alexnt

Very strange problem

Post by alexnt »

Hi community!
I started using qbittorrent yesterday after using utorrent 2.2.1 for 15 years.
I had several torrents in utorrent's list so I decided to use bt2qbt migration tool. Migration went well and all torrents appeared in qbt.
Then made my settings in the new client but after I had finished all the setup I noticed that the status in a private tracker I use mentioned I was "not connectable". I never faced this issue before with utorrent.

The port that I have set on qbt is open on my router and and on eset firewall and checked with online port checkers and via cmd.
I removed every torrent on qbt list and downloaded the torrent files again and forced client to recheck.
I also noticed that if I reboot pc or exit & relaunch qbt and then pause & resume or force reannounce a torrent in the list, the tracker 's status changes to "connectable".

Has anyone any idea what this problem is?
NoOneSpecial

Re: Very strange problem

Post by NoOneSpecial »

Im not sure if this is your issue or not but it never hurts to check. Go into settings and then click on "Advanced" Look at the "Network Settings" and also the "Optional Ip Address to bind to" I personally dont use the Network Settings but i do use Optional IP address to bind to.. in this setting if you use a VPN as i do and a lot of people do, you will need to change that setting to your VPN ip address or you can play around with it to suit your needs and settings, i have mine set to bind to my VPN IP, that way if i ever forget to turn my vpn on or if it were to fail the torrents will auto stop so your real ip dont leak. Same goes for the Network settings if you wanted to change it also. Hope you get it sorted what ever the issue is.
alexnt

Post by alexnt »

Thank's for the reply! There's no "Networks Settings" in that section. Do you mean network interface? Also I don't use vpn.
NoOneSpecial

Post by NoOneSpecial »

Yes, sorry about that, as i said tho, i personally dont mess with the Network Interface but plenty of people do, i do use a VPN and my vpn IP stays the same inside of qbittorrent so i just use the "optional ip address to bind to" and set that to my VPN ip and that way my torrents will never connect unless my vpn is on. If you dont use a vpn you can change it to "All Address" and try that, i personally wouldnt use that as it could expose your ip and wouldnt be good, but your in the right place with the settings, just configure it to your liking.

My Network Interface is set to "Any interface" ... My Optional Ip Address to Bind to is set on my VPN IP.... thats just how mine is, set it to what works best for you.
RayPaul

Post by RayPaul »

NoOneSpecial wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:45 pm Yes, sorry about that, as i said tho, i personally dont mess with the Network Interface but plenty of people do, i do use a VPN and my vpn IP stays the same inside of qbittorrent so i just use the "optional ip address to bind to" and set that to my VPN ip and that way my torrents will never connect unless my vpn is on. If you dont use a vpn you can change it to "All Address" and try that, i personally wouldnt use that as it could expose your ip and wouldnt be good, but your in the right place with the settings, just configure it to your liking.

My Network Interface is set to "Any interface" ... My Optional Ip Address to Bind to is set on my VPN IP.... thats just how mine is, set it to what works best for you.
hey, this technique worked for me, thank you for sharing this.
NoOneSpecial

Post by NoOneSpecial »

Glad is was finally able to help someone lol, glad it worked for you. Thanks for replying and letting me know it worked for you.
alexnt

Post by alexnt »

In my case, I understood that the culprit was bt2qbt migration tool. Though everything seemed to have been transferred correctly, something didn't report to tracker correctly. New torrents don't have any problem.