QBittorrent-nox downloads not starting

Linux specific questions, problems.
AllGoodNamesAreG0ne

QBittorrent-nox downloads not starting

Post by AllGoodNamesAreG0ne »

Hello,

I have started using Ubuntu Server 23.04 headless and I am having trouble getting any downloads to start, in the web interface I simply receive status 'Errored' and nothing happens, only found one thread on this forum from 2019 where they had similar issues where the application doesn't log anything and downloads are just broken, no solution.

Finding a proper log explaining the reason has been rather difficult, I found a GitHub ticket from 2020 that says that you need to manually add an [Application] section, but that section appears to be removed by QBittorrent.
The log under '~/.local/share/qBittorrent/logs' does not seem to update properly and last entry was from yesterday.

Right now I am rather stuck as I can't find any information and the documentation I have looked at was not enough.
I followed the installation guide found on GitHub: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... -or-newer)

I would be very glad for any assistance on how to troubleshoot the problem.
texplorer

Re: QBittorrent-nox downloads not starting

Post by texplorer »

I have the same issue. I followed the guide here. As soon as the auto start was configured, the download stopped.
https://pimylifeup.com/raspberry-pi-qbittorrent/
AllGoodNamesAreG0ne

Re: QBittorrent-nox downloads not starting

Post by AllGoodNamesAreG0ne »

So I think my problem has resolved itself, I am not entirely sure what solved it though.

One of the problems appears to be due to me moving some files from windows to linux, in a specific torrent I had not downloded all the included files and on linux QBitTorrent just explodes when it couldn't find this unavailable file. Resulting in the entire thing getting marked Errored and it was not able to just download or ignore the missing files.

It was fixable by unchecking the missing files and forcing a recheck, with a combination of resume/force resume. In addition QBitTorrent also failed to validate some files that were identical and got stuck on 98.x% I did the whole dance with recheck/resume after overwriting the files.

Another problem could have been a permission problem, I did not see anything that pointed to this being the case but one of the actions I took was to also chmod the folders just in case.

In general the problems I have had so far:

- QBitTorrent can't handle if a file is unavailable that should be included in the torrent.
- QBitTorrent does not clean up the 'Keep incomplete' torrent folder and does not move them over.
- QBitTorrent does not respect settings, for example the 'Keep incomplete torrents in', I had to stop using it since it did not clean up the files properly. For some reason after changing the settings in the web it still insisted on saving to this temp folder I had removed, after much back and forth it stopped doing it.
- No logging capabilities that have been helpful.

Compared to Windows I have been facing a lot of issues and it seems the nox client or QBitTorrent in general is not very polished on linux. Core functionality appears alright, but it definitely feels like an application that will break the moment you touch anything.