Torrents disconnecting from tracker whenever PC shuts down

Windows specific questions, problems.
tendai

Torrents disconnecting from tracker whenever PC shuts down

Post by tendai »

My completed torrents keep disconnecting from trackers and gaining the "missing files" status whenever I shut down my PC.

How do I fix this?
Zoloft

Re: Torrents disconnecting from tracker whenever PC shuts down

Post by Zoloft »

Well, of course they disconnect from the tracker when your PC shuts down, the way to fix that is to leave it running. The missing files comes because 1) you changed some files 2)your anti virus changed files (this can happen a lot of you torrent apps/games) 3) the files somehow became corrupt. We can't tell you how to fix if we don't know why.
tendai

Post by tendai »

My bad for not clarifying better. The problem is that my torrents don't reconnect to trackers when I start my PC back up again. This has only started happening recently. Previously, even if I shut it down and start it back up again my torrents would still reconnect.
NoOneSpecial

Post by NoOneSpecial »

It sounds like the "IP Address" is changing, which will happen often if your using a VPN and sometimes even if your not using a VPN. Go into settings in qBittorrent and then on the left click on the "Advanced" tab, now on the right side you will see "Network Interface" and "Optional IP Address to bind to" you need to adjust these settings to your liking especially if your using a vpn. The way i have mine set up, (set yours to your liking) I have Network Interface set to "Any Interface" and I have Optional IP Address to bind to set on my VPN IP Address, my vpn ip stays the same inside of qBittorrent so i never have to change this but i use to have to change it everytime i changed servers or reboot pc. If you changed the Network Interface to your VPN connection (assuming your using a vpn) That would work if your vpn ip changes inside of qBittorent. Hope this works for ya, if not maybe someone will have some better adivice.. Good Luck