Emulate uTorrent's scheduling feature.

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
larkapal

Emulate uTorrent's scheduling feature.

Post by larkapal »

Hi.
Moving from uTorrent to qBittorrent here. And I notice from your website that "The qBittorrent project aims to provide an open-source software alternative to µTorrent."

Please emulate uTorrent's scheduling feature.

In uTorrent I choose Seed Only in the scheduler. This enables the population of seeder and leecher numbers on the torrents I choose, upon pressing download, without actually starting the download. Only Force Start initiates the download. Thereby, I avoid a ratio hit from incomplete download due to lack of seeders.

Most often I initiate download to 1 seeder, many leechers, only to find a partial download, never to complete, yet affecting my download ratio with my private tracker. The population of seeders and leechers, without initiating download, goes far to avoid my very precious ratio being affected.

Thank you.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Emulate uTorrent's scheduling feature.

Post by Peter »

Honestly, if ratio is ever an issue (most trackers moved to ratio-less because it makes 0 sense), just rent a seedbox for even just a month. Or even a week. You can buffer up terabytes easily, without ever worrying about that meaningless number ever again.
bob2306

Re: Emulate uTorrent's scheduling feature.

Post by bob2306 »

Peter wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:53 am Honestly, if ratio is ever an issue (most trackers moved to ratio-less because it makes 0 sense),
Are they replacing it with something else to encourage seeding? To me the only advantage of private trackers was that their torrents tended to remain complete for longer.