Trackers not being able to connect

If you run qBittorrent in / with Docker.
FuadR

Trackers not being able to connect

Post by FuadR »

All qbittorent trackers unable to connect

I have been using qbittorent along with Sonarr and Radarr in order to get movies for a Plex library, everything has been working fine up until recently when all trackers suddenly stopped working. Some say "skipping tracker announce (unreachable)" others say "timed out" and some "host not found (authoritative)". I have been trying everything I can think of, I don't believe it's a DNS resolving issue because if I attempt to ping the tracker domains even from within the docker container of qbittorent and they ping just fine, how can I resolve this issue? I am running qbittorent 4.5.4 in a docker container using the bridge network, the correct port is forwarded through the router and uPnP is disabled. What should be my next steps to troubleshoot this issue? Thanks in advance.

Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Trackers not being able to connect

Post by Peter »

Ping != DNS resolve. Ping works if your DNS does not.
Make sure you can use dns lookup too.
FuadR

Post by FuadR »

I tried pinging some of the trackers which weren't working using nslookup and they successfully resolve the address so now I am fairly certain it is not a DNS issue

Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

And this is a private tracker?

Public ones often go offline (sometimes, 100% of the added public trackers are dead), that's why people use projects like https://github.com/ngosang/trackerslist
FuadR

Post by FuadR »

Updated trackers from the github repo and now its working fine, I am an idiot but thanks a lot for your help :)