Excluding/Filtering files when downloading a torrent

Windows specific questions, problems.
volko36

Excluding/Filtering files when downloading a torrent

Post by volko36 »

Hey,
I have a torrent with 24420 files and I need to exclude files that start with "tch_" and "pop_" but the issue here is that these terms are found sometimes in the middle of the file names and I only need to exclude the ones starting with them, not the files that have them in the middle.

writting in the search textbox "tch_" will list all the files containing that term anywhere (start, middle, end), so is there a way to filter the files that only start with search term?

Thanks
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Excluding/Filtering files when downloading a torrent

Post by Peter »

Can't you just click Name, sort by a-z and then shift+click select and then right click, Do not include?
volko36

Post by volko36 »

The issue is that the files are in different folders and they're all over the place, so sorting them by name kinda useless since you have to pay attention if you reached the end of each folder when selecting. Also in the example I gave only 2 terms but the reality is I have 18 terms I need to exclude from 24k of files that's A LOT.
What would be useful is the addition of regex to the search box in qBittorent, that way it would be much easier to list the files starting with certain terms:
"pop_*"|"tch_*"|"stt_*"|"plk_*"

So please do add that to the suggestion list: Addition of regular expression to filter files.

Thank you
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

I think the search box IS regex. I tried messing around to find a solution for you but I don't have an example torrent unfortunately.

Like..
Screenshot 2023-11-12 132600.png
Screenshot 2023-11-12 132600.png (288.66 KiB) Viewed 547 times
To my understanding, that should be regex. Should be... if it's not a super secret torrent, feel free to PM it to me?
volko36

Post by volko36 »

yeah sure thing, check your PM