Downloads files marked as 'do not download'.

Other platforms, generic questions.
rdalek

Downloads files marked as 'do not download'.

Post by rdalek »

I have a rather large torrent that has a lot of files. Some I don't want downloaded. I unchecked the box to tell QB that I don't want those files. It still downloads them. I even right clicked and clicked 'do not download' under priority. Still, it downloads the files again. What do I have to do to get QB to understand I do not want those files downloaded?

I've already got the files I want and that are good. The files in question are corrupt and don't work. There's no need seeding bad files that size. If I can't find a way to tell QB not to download them, I'll just remove the entire torrent. It has a healthy share ratio so I'd like to at least keep the good bits. I wish I could attach a note that the missing files are corrupt. Oh well. What's a person to do???

I might also add, even tho I had to reset everything a few months ago, I have several torrents that have a share ratio well above 100, again. Somebody out there has to be glad to see that since I have a really fast internet connection. 8) ;D
rdalek

Re: Downloads files marked as 'do not download'.

Post by rdalek »

Never mind. After about a dozen times of telling it not to download the files, it finally stopped. I just hope it doesn't start downloading again when I restart QB. It sure was stubborn about it tho. At least now I can share the good files of the torrent. ;D
bob2306

Post by bob2306 »

Probably the files were incomplete rather than corrupt. Torrent clients wont seed anything that hasn't been verified.

If you want to avoid downloading files it's best to uncheck them before anything downloads.
KennethBrown

Post by KennethBrown »

It seems like you've taken the right steps to prevent the download of unwanted files in your torrent client. If the issue persists, consider checking for updates or using an alternative client. It's great to hear about your impressive share ratios!