Torrents get deleted

Windows specific questions, problems.
DannyDKing

Torrents get deleted

Post by DannyDKing »

Everytime I update the program, all my torrents get deleted. HOW do I fix it so that my torrents never get deleted. Don't tell me to make sure the delete box is not checked because I never check it.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Torrents get deleted

Post by Peter »

That is not normal.
It seems like qBittorrent cannot save it's data basically.

It uses %APPDATA% and %LOCALAPPDATA% folders to do so. But what's wrong with yours? Very good question. I am 100% sure something is not normal in your setup, but from afar, it is incredibly to guess what exactly.

Do you have any clues after this what could be causing it on YOUR side?
DannyDKing

Post by DannyDKing »

No idea at all.. I even uninstalled it.. restarted the computer several times and then re-installed it.. tried a few torrents and they get deleted.
Zoloft

Post by Zoloft »

Sounds like overly aggressive security/cleaning on your computer. Are you administrator? A work system? Do you have a cleaner program, such as CC cleaner running regularly? A super aggressive A/V f-secure/norton?
DannyDKing

Post by DannyDKing »

Its my home computer. I have NO cleaner program running. But its all OK.. I have decided to go back to a far superior program, uTorrent. I never had this problem with it. I will make sure to tell all my friends about this sub standard torrent program and not to use it.
Gripweed107

Post by Gripweed107 »

Ahh, you were doing so well until you took on your "I'll take my ball and go home" attitude and adding in a possibly libelous statement to boot. You got two posts, both trying to search out clues for you. It sometimes takes many pages for someone to ask just the right question that leads to an obscure answer. What was the hurry? Why the attitude?
Let me ask you a question - Don't you think that if it were Qbittorrent's fault that torrents were suddenly getting deleted on every update that there would hundreds, if not thousands, of users here on this forum complaining about the issue? A quick check of recent message titles shows that you are the only one.