Destination Folder Opens Automatically (And Repeatedly) for Seeding Torrents

Windows specific questions, problems.
PKscope

Destination Folder Opens Automatically (And Repeatedly) for Seeding Torrents

Post by PKscope »

Hello everyone!

I have an issue that I can't seem to find anyone else experiencing, or at least, I can't seem to find the right collection of keywords to find anyone else who has posted about it.

I have about 20 torrents or so seeding happily in my client, but for the last few months, maybe longer, Windows will open my destination folder seemingly randomly. I don't believe that its random, and I can't prove it as I haven't been able to catch it in action, but I feel it has something to do with getting a connection on one of the torrents.

As in, they are seeding with no one actively downloading, but once I gain a peer, it opens the folder. That is my only guess/assumption as to what is happening. Its only the destination folder for my torrents, which lets me know its definitely qbittorrent is the culprit.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help and time.

Edit: Also, I searched within the bug tracker but couldn't find my specific issue.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Destination Folder Opens Automatically (And Repeatedly) for Seeding Torrents

Post by Peter »

Sorry but that's not possible. There is no such "code".
Unless you went into Settings, Downloads (on left) and then put something in the "Run on torrent completed" or added fields.
Otherwise, it will never auto-open unless you do so by yourself in the client.
PKscope

Re: Destination Folder Opens Automatically (And Repeatedly) for Seeding Torrents

Post by PKscope »

I think you're misunderstanding the problem, but thanks anyway. I've witnessed the issue in action now, so I know the "what", I just don't understand "why". No idea if its something interacting, but I did a clean install of Windows 11 last night, and the issue is still present. Only 1 active torrent, which gained 1 active peer and when that happened, an explorer window opened to the torrents target folder.

That may or may not have to do with the destination folder feature of the program, but its my best lead at the moment considering the clues.