Magnet links not progressing with firewall on

Windows specific questions, problems.
rs232

Magnet links not progressing with firewall on

Post by rs232 »

Can anyone please shed some light on what's happening (Sequence of Events) when I add a Magnet to qBittorent?

I need some insight on what the code is actually doing as I'm troubleshooting an annoying issue. When my VPN client has the firewall on (VPN=Windscribe) so in kill-switch mode, despite the fact that the VPN is connected my Magnets are not progressing. I really need to disable the kill-switch to have the Magnet "translate" into meaningful data and connect to peers. As soon as this phase is completed (can be 2-10 seconds) I can happily re-enable the firewall and the download works no issue.

I have been in touch with the Windscribe devs but they can't really think of anything wrong with their VPN system despite all the test they made me run and report on.

Can this be related to qBittorent?

Any help....? Thanks!
rs232

Re: Magnet links not progressing with firewall on

Post by rs232 »

As an update (if it can help other people)

- it appears like Firefox enforced DoH despite me specifying that I don't want it.

- A second interference to this was cryptomator set to work over WebDAV that by design required a local DNS server so I had to install (and switch to) WinSFP.