Bugtracker: not as useful as it could be

For the generic offtopic chit-chat
Dayman

Bugtracker: not as useful as it could be

Post by Dayman »

I'd strongly recommend on developing some kind of guidelines for bug reporting.
The bare minimum of:
  1. OS
  2. qBt version
    repo used in case of Linux
    full blown list of dependencies versions if using a custom build from sources
  3. steps to reproduce
would be nice to have, 'cause currently most of reports mention the 'bare minimum' only after an explicit question.

P.S. GitHub bug tracker is IMO really featureless. Sure it gives good integration and fork management, but maybe it would be better to migrate to something 'heavier'?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Bugtracker: not as useful as it could be

Post by Peter »

A Mantis like bugtracker would be nice. But as far as I know, Chris is still the only one with a commit right. So it's basically still a one-man project (even though it's open-source.)

I prefer Redmine though.
If Chris wants so, I can install a Redmine for him on my server (where this site runs too).
If he wants. If.
Dayman

Post by Dayman »

[quote="shiki"]
A Mantis like bugtracker would be nice. But as far as I know, Chris is still the only one with a commit right. So it's basically still a one-man project (even though it's open-source.)

I prefer Redmine though.
If Chris wants so, I can install a Redmine for him on my server (where this site runs too).
If he wants. If.
[/quote]
Yeah, Redmine is great. But pain in the ass to set up, especially 2.x branch with fcgi.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Doesn't matter ,we already have Ruby set-up on the machine, and we are kinda masochists when it comes to software. So if he wants one, I can get one up and running.

But this applies to any other bug-tracking software that can be installed on a Linux server.
( Ubuntu 12.04.1 ... yeah I know... why not Gentoo.. :)) )
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Can anyone ping Chris about this thing? The server is at 0.00 load and even that one load disappeared it had to host.
Only the forum runs on it.