Coffee and...

For the generic offtopic chit-chat
Avelon

Coffee and...

Post by Avelon »

...cigarettes?

Well, at least for me that is/was a good match.

Anyone else smoker? I've heard that it gets uncool with the new, young generation and that's a good thing! :)

But I'm still addicted to it and smoking the electronical cigarette now. It's a release, at least it lowers all the disadvantages of smoking.

Anyone else?

Favourite flavours? Hardcore vapor with super expensive models or just regular?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Coffee and...

Post by Peter »

Only coffee here. :(
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

[quote="shiki"]Only coffee here.[/quote]

Same here :)
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

I have never smoked and never will thats for sure. The smell and damage are one of the reasons, not only that it also expensive in my opinion. Coffee (and tea) quite often, one day I drink 2 other day (or days) nothing, depends really. At work I mainly drink coffee in the morning after breakfast ''to get started''. Also alcohol? Only with special occasions sometimes, otherwise I don't need alcohol really.
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

In the spring and summer i drink beer at lunch and dinner. In the autumn and winter - red wine with my lunch and dinner. In special occasions (holidays) - whisky, rakia or brandy.
Avelon

Post by Avelon »

Be glad you never started. I am one of the few smokers that is actually for the prohibition of cigarettes. It is really addictive. Nevertheless, I'm coming down with the eCig. But... looks like I'm the only one here that's been able to enjoy some laziness in his life with... coffee and cigarettes. :p

Except for ironcross, he looks like a little alcoholic :D I mean... red wine - no matter what - for lunch? :D Or you fit the lunch to the wine, but I guess there's not much choice then ;)

I just realized this forum is hosted in Hungary. Well, shiki :) I am 1/8 hungarian :)
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

2-3 glasses wine with the meal is something normal i think. Or beer. It's not good to eat without a drink.
Avelon

Post by Avelon »

Well, ironcross, that depends on where you are living :) I spent some time (the best!) in Rhineland-Palatinate and their glasses for wine look like this:

http://www.hdc-reisen.de/images/pics/seite_15-1.jpg

You should really come and visit the 'Dürkheimer Wurstmarkt!' You'd be loving it! We are drinking wine in 0,5l glasses :)

So yes, 2-3 glasses of wine for lunch can be a lot :D
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

0.5L is not a glass; this is a mug :) We here drink beer in such mugs. Wine glasses are smaller, the wine can be served in 0.5 or 1L pitchers (if it's not in a bottle) and then pour in the smaller glasses. But this is for the restaurants. In home you can drink in whatever you want, but again we drink the wine in smaller glasses and the beer in larger.
Btw Merry Christmas to everyone, happy holidays and best wishes!
Cheers!
Avelon

Post by Avelon »

Thanks! A little late for me to read, but lovely anyway! ;) Hope you had a really good time!
Oh my, I'm not used to any sort of alcohol anymore. It was just one bottle of wine at silvester and I was really, really sick the next day! :D
Some Login Name

Post by Some Login Name »

Hi there.

Just started using qBittorrent (recently moved to Xubuntu) and was perusing the forums... saw this post.  Just wanted to let you know you're not the only smoker here.  Used to be Marlboro Light, then Marlboro Black, but given the cost of cigarettes these days I've started using a machine, tubes and bags of tobacco (so far I like Bull Durham the best.)  Total cost for tobacco and tubes works out to about $1.25 per pack, and the machine (there're several) ran about $75, so given that one carton is about $80 hereabouts, it was a no brainer.  Started smoking when I was almost 40 - was the best way to get time talking with the company president, who was a smoker.  And yes, I drink coffee (8 / 10 cups per day, I guess).
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Just saw the recent news about cigarette prices. It will go up again. One pack will cost about ~5.4$.
(I mean, sure if the money would worth less or we would earn more, that would be just fine. But nothing changed since the cig was ~1.5$ or so. We earn the same, just pay more taxes.
And people still buy cigarettes here like crazy. Not that it would concern me that much (I'm not a smoker), but it's still rage inducing.)
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

Here many smokers switched to electronic cigarettes or handmade cigarettes.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Im no smoker too. Seeing the prices going that high indeed, its crazy that the smokers are forced to buy anyway even if it gets higher than it is now.
Avelon

Post by Avelon »

I've switched to electric ones, yeah. It's pretty good. A must have for every smoker although the choice is painful. 500 devices and 5000 different tastes. I have found my favourite five liquids and I am really getting away from this shit ^^ It's truly an addictive thing - never start is the best way to go. In my opinion they should legalize thc and ban tobacco. The best thing about the electrical ones is that you don't have to lose your habbits all at once - you can slowly or even fast reduce the nicotine in it and keep the taste and the habit - important for junkies :D Although the people using it are mostly bigger hardliners than the smokers. It's the same everywhere: never touch a running system ;D