Thanks button and releases.

For the generic offtopic chit-chat
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks button and releases.

Post by Nemo »

I was thinking.. Would it be better if we had a thanks button to say thanks to our releasers (or others) instead of spamming thanks everytime :p? Is this possible (shiki)? Of course I still always say thanks even without this for their effort and time which is much appreciated.

And also, what if the new releases would be put in new topics instead one big one? So that the old questions/problems stay at that version and new release gets a new clean topic. This also means that you can say thanks there in the new topic instead the old one if you know what I mean.

These are just my ideas, was wondering what you guys think about it. First question is maybe more for shiki as he knows this forum far better than me but of course everyone can share their opinion.

Regards.
ironcross

Re: Thanks button and releases.

Post by ironcross »

Good idea about the Thank You system. In SMF it can be installed as a mod, but there is no proper Thank You mod for our SMF version. I tried some mod (Thank-O-Matic) using emulation, but it doesn't works with the default forum theme which all members use and also this mod doesn't shows its options in the admin control panel as it should be. In their forum the developers says its updated for SMF 2.0.2 and 2.0.3, but it's no true or the "update" is very bad. There is another one mod, but too old - for SMF 1.1.x and it doesn't works at all. I will continue searching a solution.
Last edited by ironcross on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Thanks button and releases.

Post by Peter »

I could diff the mods and the files.. but to be honest I'm afraid of security holes.
Though, they may not do any harm, I'm not a SMF dev, so I can't possibly check if the modifications are safe to apply. :/

I'll have a look at them though.