New user, noob question.

Windows specific questions, problems.
Vampire337

New user, noob question.

Post by Vampire337 »

Hey all, just poking into the forums because I had a question and want to demand that you all make this free and open sourced software do what I want it to do...  Er, I mean, hey, this is neat!

Actually, I've used uTorrent since 2007, and recently learned it's been a pile of junk.  I went to Vuze, which I really really like the features and interface of, but a couple of my trackers have banned it.  I tried transmission forever ago and didn't care for it, and I tried Deluge recently and it's unusable on Windows.  So, I'm trying this one out to see if it does what I want.  You seem to have done a wonderful job copying much of the feel of uTorrent, without the annoying ads and disk overloaded bug throttling my download speed unnecessarily.  So far, so good; great job. :D

I do have one question which might be a feature request...  The columns don't seem to include a "download location"; Is there a way to enable this or are there any plans to add this functionality in the near future?
unfaithful

Re: New user, noob question.

Post by unfaithful »

[quote="Vampire337"]
Hey all, just poking into the forums because I had a question and want to demand that you all make this free and open sourced software do what I want it to do...  Er, I mean, hey, this is neat!

Actually, I've used uTorrent since 2007, and recently learned it's been a pile of junk.  I went to Vuze, which I really really like the features and interface of, but a couple of my trackers have banned it.  I tried transmission forever ago and didn't care for it, and I tried Deluge recently and it's unusable on Windows.  So, I'm trying this one out to see if it does what I want.  You seem to have done a wonderful job copying much of the feel of uTorrent, without the annoying ads and disk overloaded bug throttling my download speed unnecessarily.  So far, so good; great job. :D

I do have one question which might be a feature request...  The columns don't seem to include a "download location"; Is there a way to enable this or are there any plans to add this functionality in the near future?
[/quote]

Go to tools/options/downloads/save files to location
loki

Post by loki »

I think they mean "Save path" like in the general tab, but a column. As to weather this is a feature request yet or not, I didn't see it on my real quick search for (save path) or (download location).
unfaithful

Post by unfaithful »

[quote="loki"]
I think they mean "Save path" like in the general tab, but a column. As to weather this is a feature request yet or not, I didn't see it on my real quick search for (save path) or (download location).
[/quote]oh i see that is not in utorrent either is it? I got rid of ut because of adware
Vampire337

Post by Vampire337 »

Yes, this is a column available in uTorrent, (also in Vuze & Deluge).  Basically like loki indicates it just adds a column so I can sort by the save path.  This is really nice because it's much easier to use the client to move files rather than moving them at the Windows level and editing the bencoding.  I might have 20 torrents (out of thousands) in one folder that I want to move to another folder, but I can't 'sort' to find out what files are in that folder without individually checking thousands of torrents.

Thanks for the info, Loki.  I'll see about making a request properly.