[unofficial]qBittorrent git master builds: 3.1.0RC_06102013

Testing the freshly baked, latest builds!
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [unofficial]qBittorrent git master builds: 3.1.0alpha01092013

Post by Nemo »

I've got a weird bug; All peers are at 99.9%, also the availability bar shows this, but when you look into the peers tab they are shown 100% which is incorrect. Seeds number is also at 0.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

[quote="Nemo"]
but when you look into the peers tab they are shown 100% which is incorrect.
[/quote]

I'll look into it, maybe a rounding error.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
[quote="Nemo"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

It's a rounding error. QString::number(0.999*100.0,'f',1) gives 99.9 but QString::number(0.9999*100.0,'f',1) gives 100.0. I'll see how this can be corrected.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

[quote="Nemo"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

It's a rounding error. QString::number(0.999*100.0,'f',1) gives 99.9 but QString::number(0.9999*100.0,'f',1) gives 100.0. I'll see how this can be corrected.
[/quote]

Should be fixed now in git master.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Nice, thanks for the headsup sledge.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Here is a new alpha build with libtorrent RC_0_16(r8971) -> http://builds.shiki.hu/qbittorrent_3.1. ... _setup.exe

Hot new feature: Now the "Add new torrent" dialog is always brought to the front.
Also, you now can enter just infohash in the "add torrent from link" window.
Scheduler logic is more robust
Some possible rounding errors were fixed all over the place.
And wrong ETA when users had downloaded one file, unchecked and checked on other.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [unofficial]qBittorrent git master builds: 3.1.0alpha19092013

Post by Nemo »

Thanks sledge, nice improvments again.
tekko

Post by tekko »

Here is a new alpha build with libtorrent RC_0_16(r8971) -> http://builds.shiki.hu/qbittorrent_3.1. ... _setup.exe

Now the "Add new torrent" dialog is always brought to the front.
[/quote]

Would you please make this into an option? The dialog is in the way when opening multiple torrents at once within the browser. Thanks.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Working great so far, very stable and good speeds up and down. I will let it run for 24 hours now to see how it goes with mem usage and other things.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

[quote="tekko"]

Now the "Add new torrent" dialog is always brought to the front.
[/quote]

Would you please make this into an option? The dialog is in the way when opening multiple torrents at once within the browser. Thanks.
[/quote]

Although I am generally skeptic when adding new options because I don't want bloat, I can see why this can be obnoxious. I'll implemented an option.
bobinmk

Post by bobinmk »

@ did someone checked with libtorrent 0.16.11. Finds problems with windows 8 (32 bit) loading probs.
tekko

Post by tekko »

Although I am generally skeptic when adding new options because I don't want bloat, I can see why this can be obnoxious. I'll implemented an option.
[/quote]

Thank you very much and 3.1.0alpha19092013 seems to be stable so far.
alfrix

Post by alfrix »

testing lastest alpha, bring to front works, new metadata retrieval seems to work too, but if the queue is enabled metadata retrieval is queued too, making it never finish until it reaches the download position on the queue, also i had to re-assign folders and labels of ~200 torrents lots of times by now, at first i thinked it was something related with the power management of hdds (i have multiple hdds) so when qBt tries to access the disk when its sleeping, it takes too long and times-out so i disabled disk-sleep but a lot of times just fails after a normal shutdown, i know i'm not the only one because i checked the open issues and there are a lot of duplicates of the same behavior being reported over and over, a bug like this alienates people from the client like everytime i install an update the file associations break, and the option to re-associate doesn't work if the client wasn't opened as admin, but the most important bug was never fixed and years passed since it was first discovered, something needs to be done over the way the torrent folder/labels/status is saved, this hurts the torrent community since when it happens people just delete the torrent since they already have the file
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

testing lastest alpha, bring to front works, new metadata retrieval seems to work too, but if the queue is enabled metadata retrieval is queued too, making it never finish until it reaches the download position on the queue, also i had to re-assign folders and labels of ~200 torrents lots of times by now, at first i thinked it was something related with the power management of hdds (i have multiple hdds) so when qBt tries to access the disk when its sleeping, it takes too long and times-out so i disabled disk-sleep but a lot of times just fails after a normal shutdown,
Yes, I know. Take a look at this: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/894
I have implemented most of those changes discussed on the bug, locally. However, the code seems to busy-loop somewhere in a non-obvious and I have to debug to sort this out. I was hoping to release 3.1.0 this weekend but it won't happen. This feature/improvement need to be implemented first. Otherwise, the feature will feel halfbaked. All other issues marked with the "3.1.0" milestone will be transfered to a "3.1.1" milestone instead.
i know i'm not the only one because i checked the open issues and there are a lot of duplicates of the same behavior being reported over and over, a bug like this alienates people from the client like everytime i install an update the file associations break, and the option to re-associate doesn't work if the client wasn't opened as admin, but the most important bug was never fixed and years passed since it was first discovered, something needs to be done over the way the torrent folder/labels/status is saved, this hurts the torrent community since when it happens people just delete the torrent since they already have the file
Since I don't know the real cause of the problem, I just have to re-write how each torrent's status gets saved. Something like this: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/583
However, this requires A LOT of careful work. TorrentPersistentData is used all over the place. It's not an easy task to undertake. So no ETA unfortunately.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Sledge, did something change with connections/connecting to the peers with lib 16.11? I was downloading something and suddenly the speed went way down and stayed there, all active uploading peers were uploading with only 4-6KB/s (some even lower) and stayed that way. After restarting qBittorrent everything was normal again. For me it seemed like a huge lag came out of nowhere, but I never experienced this in earlier builds. A few notes: My current OS is W7 SP1 64Bit. qBittorrent was running for 1,5 days straight. This never happened with 3.0.11 so I reverted back just in case. I was using this alpha since its released without this weird behaviour, saw it in the morning. I forgot to make a screenshot but if I catch it again I take one quick.
Last edited by Nemo on Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.