All labels missing. All finished torrents are 0% complete.

Windows specific questions, problems.
Pose

All labels missing. All finished torrents are 0% complete.

Post by Pose »

Happened for me after switching PC off as usual yesterday. All torrents (300+) suddenly have labels missing and at 0% downloaded state. T-thanks qbittorrent. Was using if for 6 months with no problems.

Also all torrents are marked as added today for some reason.
Last edited by Pose on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: All labels missing. All finished torrents are 0% complete.

Post by Nemo »

With version 3.0.8? It might have something to do with this topic http://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php?topic=1729.0. Its not a solution though. Im back on 3.0.6 after I had the same corrupt download (big size) with 3.0.8 but luckely I had not such a high number of torrents in it. I get you but things happen and hopefully it will be fixed (or already is with new lib version). First time having a problem with qBittorrent which forced me to go back to 3.0.6.
Last edited by Nemo on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dayman

Post by Dayman »

Until this issue is resolved I recommend to shutdown qBt either from main or tray menu.
Shutting the PC down while qBt is running may result in observed behavior.
darksniper87

Post by darksniper87 »

I've tried the latest alpha edition of qBt (v3.1.0alpha12022013) both x86 and x64 edition.
I still got the I/O error. Hope it will be fixed soon. I hate uTor.
schmoove

Post by schmoove »

Same problem here.
Win7 x64 qbittorrent v3.0.8
780 active torrents.

Started qbittorrent one day to find all labels gone, and all re-location data gone.
By re-location data, I mean that I use the 'set location' feature to move certain completed torrents for long term seeding.
But qbittorrent forgot both the labels AND where the files were relocated to, so it began downloading them AGAIN argh!
Fixed it all up and re-labelled it all.
Followed the advice in this thread, and began to shutdown qbittorrent correctly, as in the past I just shutdown windows with qbittorrent running.
Then the exact same problem happened again!

Any advice?
Thanks.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

We initially thought that this "forgetfulness" of qbt was due to incorrect app exit during system shutdown. As it seems, it may also be attributed to the big number of torrents in the session. However, I haven't encounter this problem, since at most I have 5-6 torrents in my session. I admit that this is a serious bug, but I cannot debug it.
Dayman

Post by Dayman »

I have 150 torrents (250 before clean-up) and I cannot reproduce this either.
What happens with no torrents and one label added? Does it correctly save on exit?
Pose

Post by Pose »

Followed the advice in this thread, and began to shutdown qbittorrent correctly, as in the past I just shutdown windows with qbittorrent running.
Then the exact same problem happened again!
Each time i close qbittorrent manually before shutting down pc everything works fine. One day i forgot to do this and encountered the glorious bug again...
schmoove

Post by schmoove »

Thanks for replying everyone.
I can't test for the bug with any other scenarios unfortunately, as I have switched over to another bt client for now.
Also with 700+ torrents seeding, the qbittorrent UI was a little sluggish, so until qbittorrent can handle a large number of torrents efficiently, I will sadly have to not use it.

I was using qbittorrent since v3.0.6, and the bug only happened twice, during which time I restarted both qbittorrent and my pc many times.
During that time I had between 680 to 750 torrents active.
I feel the bug is certainly intermittent and I have no idea how to reproduce it.
Good luck with a fix. I really want to use a quality open source bittorrent client like qbittorrent.