qBittorrent 3.0.8 is unstable!

Windows specific questions, problems.
ggezpz

qBittorrent 3.0.8 is unstable!

Post by ggezpz »

I changed the default download directory, and qB changed a bunch of my torrents to be located in that directory!

at first I thought it had written over all my torrents with blank space due to a crash or something, but in fact it had just "moved" their locations to the default download directory I'd set. I wasn't going to go through and correct all the download locations to their original states, so I ended up just removing all those 0% done torrents from qB.

Also, qB wouldn't open until I had under a certain amount of torrents.

It almost seems like you guys are nerfing this program on purpose because you don't feel like developing it anymore..... why else release such a clearly broken version? sad days. could at least make the last one that actually worked properly (3.0.4 or whatever) more available on the website than it is now, even if you won't retract 3.0.8 as a 'stable' windows client

running winXP SP3
Last edited by ggezpz on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Re: qBittorrent 3.0.8 is unstable!

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

[quote="ggezpz"]
I changed the default download directory, and qB changed a bunch of my torrents to be located in that directory!

at first I thought it had written over all my torrents with blank space due to a crash or something, but in fact it had just "moved" their locations to the default download directory I'd set. I wasn't going to go through and correct all the download locations to their original states, so I ended up just removing all those 0% done torrents from qB.[/quote]

Even if this is intended behavior I think we should rethink it. It sounds stupid or it is actually a bug.
[quote="ggezpz"]
Also, qB wouldn't open until I had under a certain amount of torrents.[/quote]
What kind of numbers are we talking about? If this exists it probably is a bug.
[quote="ggezpz"]
It almost seems like you guys are nerfing this program on purpose because you don't feel like developing it anymore..... why else release such a clearly broken version? sad days. could at least make the last one that actually worked properly (3.0.4 or whatever) more available on the website than it is now, even if you won't retract 3.0.8 as a 'stable' windows client[/quote]

1. Lack of testers and personally I cannot test it for every possible use case. I just do a basic test that it can actually download a torrent before I uploaded it to sourceforge.net
2. All of the releases are available on sourceforge.net. The site just links to the latest available.
3. I admit that 3.0.8 had quite a few problems, but almost all of them were attributed to the new version of libtorrent used. These were reported upstream and fixed. 3.0.9 probably will be released this week and it will contain these fixes. Meanwhile you can try my unofficial alpha builds. (see sticky in this forum section)
[quote="ggezpz"]
running winXP SP3
[/quote]
Last edited by sledgehammer_999 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Onemoar

Post by Onemoar »

I am gonna assume that you aren't very computer literate by the tone of your post because you gave not one single bit of useful information while at the same time demanding that 3.0.8 be recalled because your crap computer buggered something up  and yes except for the save location issue everything you posted was your fault and no I won't tell you how to fix it

check your attitude at the door next time noob
Last edited by Onemoar on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Yes it has some problems as sledge is referring to but many are already fixed with 16.9 release which will be released soon as 3.0.9. And really; which client (or any program whatever) hasn't bugs now and then? Important is that these get fixed, and they are. If they would ''feel like not developing anymore'' qBittorrent was never came this far so get your facts straight. Also try to be a bit more friendly and respecting to our developers (and users) if you're reporting bugs or problems that you're experiencing, thanks.
Last edited by Nemo on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
krystine

Post by krystine »

All my completed torrents were put into checking status and never got checked. I reverted to my back-up copy of 3.0.6 and it works fine now. I am very leery of upgrading in the future.

Also, 3.0.8 wouldn't quit within any reasonable time (50 mins) and I had to force quit it.

It has enough problems as it is, this latest killing update is enough to make me switch clients.
Last edited by krystine on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

@krystine

Latest is 3.0.9 not 3.0.8.
krystine

Post by krystine »

Oh my goodness sakes, I stand corrected. All my problems were caused by the update to 3.0.9.  The program would not do a single thing...no uploads or downloads or file integrity checking. Funny thing was that the Windows Task Manager showed it's I/O read bytes increasing. Even after quitting the front-end GUI, I/O read bytes kept increasing.

What is the appropriate location to make mention of my 3.0.9 problems?
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

@krystine, ggezpz
I am currenctly rebuilding 3.0.9 with libtorrent 0.16.8 (used in qbt 3.0.8 ). I will make a new topic in this forum and post the installer in a few minutes(maybe an hour).