another I/O error

Windows specific questions, problems.
C49

another I/O error

Post by C49 »

Not found anything anywhere (apart from some microsoft explanation that has nothing to do with qb):
18/03/2013 11:26:44 - An I/O error occurred, 'torrent name' paused.
18/03/2013 11:26:44 - Reason: torrent name file (D:/torrents|torrent name|folder inside|file) error: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress
The same problem with :3.0.8,3.0.9(64),3.1 alpha(64)
It worked with no problem with utorrent.
windows 7 home 64bit
Thanks for the help and great program.
Last edited by C49 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
C49

Re: another I/O error

Post by C49 »

Ok, i found something here: http://code.google.com/p/libtorrent/iss ... ail?id=406, but I don't have any ideea what does it mean.
R4Zi3L

Post by R4Zi3L »

Same problem. Overall 3.0.9 seems very unstable and doesnt properly rehash files
Onemoar

Post by Onemoar »

Last edited by Onemoar on Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

It is a libtorrent issue which isn't resolved had. Dayman has tried to debug but it is really hard.
Please state what OS you are using.
Also @onemoar don't just push alpha builds on people. They might not be aware that these are considered "alpha" and "unofficial". Also please link to the forum thread+post that provides them instead.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

[quote="R4Zi3L"]
Same problem. Overall 3.0.9 seems very unstable and doesnt properly rehash files
[/quote]

What do you mean "properly rehash'? Does "force recheck" fail for you?
C49

Post by C49 »

Someone on some forum had the same problem with some program (that has nothing to do with torrenting) and recived this answer that for you developers could mean something:
Make sure you are checking the return value from EVERY API call, and performing the correct action (which is typically documented for the specific function).
Onemoar

Post by Onemoar »

[quote="C49"]
Someone on some forum had the same problem with some program (that has nothing to do with torrenting) and recived this answer that for you developers could mean something:
Make sure you are checking the return value from EVERY API call, and performing the correct action (which is typically documented for the specific function).
[/quote]
--------------------------

@sledge normally I don't the but in this case `stable` release still uses libtorrent 15.7 which is horribly broken
http://sourceforge.net/p/libtorrent/code/8154/
--------------------------

Onemoar be a bit more friendly and don't post any unnecessary posts, please.
[quote="Onemoar"]
nm i am retarded clean up your thread tho plz
[/quote]
Last edited by Onemoar on Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

What are you talking about? Windows 3.0.9 uses libtorrent 0.16.9. Go to Help->About->Libraries to see for yourself.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

[quote="Onemoar"]
nm i am retarded clean up your thread tho plz
[/quote]

You should read it more carefully.I clearly state the correct versions.

[quote="Onemoar"]since you are such a awesome coder why don't you go though and check[/quote]
Don't attack other users. He was trying to help and he was throwing an idea. Even if this idea should be considered "stupid" by a programmer, he is not in a position to know that.

@C49 and anyone else
Any help is appreciated. If you have any info please share it.
100%

Post by 100% »

[quote="Onemoar"]
since you are such a awesome coder why don't you go though and check[/quote]

Hey man, he's just trying to help. You should really work on your attitude.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Thanks for your input C49, Everything is welcome here. Instead of reporting only he tries to search for it, even if it ain't the exact solution.
Onemoar

Post by Onemoar »

[quote="100%"]
[quote="Onemoar"]
since you are such a awesome coder why don't you go though and check[/quote]

Hey man, he's just trying to help. You should really work on your attitude.
[/quote]
my attitude is fine his on the other hand needs some work
you don't login to a forum and then demand that the developers check something in there code because hey I am so uber 1337 and can use Google 
not sure if trolling
or
really thinks his google search was relevant
if all bugs could be resolved with a google search then we would't have bugs now would we
sheesh 
Onemoar

Post by Onemoar »

[quote="Nemo"]
Thanks for your input C49, Everything is welcome here. Instead of reporting only he tries to search for it, even if it ain't the exact solution.
[/quote]
running a google search != helpful *unless you your self can't google in witch case I take back my previous posts

pretty soon you are going to have a bunch of computer-illiterate-babbling-idiots for Userbase whose only concern is getting there warez/torrent/whatever fix may not happen today next month or next year but eventually it will happen then you will understand why I react the way I do to this type of posting if you don't belive me go read the uTorrent forums
Last edited by Onemoar on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

[quote="Onemoar"]
running a google search != helpful *unless you your self can't google in witch case I take back my previous posts
[/quote]
Well it can be, better than nothing. I say to you im not going to search google for the fix clearly. Im not a coder (well a little bit) nor im a builder, if I was I would gladly support the dev team already. He did and found something, no problems. Is it important what he has found? Maybe, maybe not at all, so what? He might not know it any better.

[quote="Onemoar"]
pretty soon you are going to have a bunch of computer-illiterate-babbling-idiots for Userbase whose only concern is getting there warez/torrent/whatever fix may not happen today next month or next year but eventually it will happen then you will understand why I react the way I do to this type of posting if you don't belive me go read the uTorrent forums
[/quote]
If thats a problem for you then don't post, simple as that. The funny part is that you're reacting to others posts but probably doesn't know that your posts are filled with unneccessary replies. Im wondering why you replied here in the first place if you were not interested in this topic.

Growing userbase brings more users (In case you didn't know) and its normal that more people post things like this, thats more with Open Source projects even if you don't (maybe) want it to. If needed I can remove them anyway but there is no reason for that. Atleast better than a dead forum with less posts or this. I haven't visited uTorrent site or forum since I started using qBittorrent ;).

To make this clear; all this means that everyone can submit their input, all is greatly appreciated as sledge mentioned. Also google searches in this case what could lead to something who knows. Even from you :).
Last edited by Nemo on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.