New user - stalled torrents, trackers not working

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
redwinter101

New user - stalled torrents, trackers not working

Post by redwinter101 »

qB v3.0.9
Mac OSX 10.8.2

Just installed qB and BTGuard. Test torrent worked fine. All subsequent torrents stalled and all trackers "not working".

Same torrents work fine in uTorrent.

Enable anonymous mode is unchecked and always announce to all trackers is checked.

I've searched the forums for the obvious problems but nothing works.

What am I doing wrong?
sportbikeryzf

Re: New user - stalled torrents, trackers not working

Post by sportbikeryzf »

It's not just you. I've been using qbitorrent for months (years?) without issue. Recently, udp trackers stopped working despite port forwarding that gave me a green connection signal. I could ping the trackers, just couldn't get them to work within qbitorrent. Thinking it was ISP blocking, I signed up for BTguard but it didn't make a difference.

I've been going crazy over the past week or so trying to figure this out. After reading your post, I d/l'd the "official" bt client and it's now working like a champ. Interestingly, when I enable the proxy my green dot becomes yellow; disable the proxy and it returns to green. I double-checked the proxy information and it's all correct. That's another battle; for now, the proxy is disabled and the client is working.

OS X 10.8.3
qbitorrent 3.0.9
Time Warner Cable / Time Capsule
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Simple. Proxy hides you. It does not give you open ports on the proxy host machine, so it makes you passive.
Think of it as a trade-off. Privacy traded for speed.
Hotkey

Post by Hotkey »

So what does passive mean to us then - we can't download anymore? We used to!?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

No. Passive should still download.
Here it is: http://www.bittorrent.com/help/manual/chapter0203

It looks like the term "passive" and "active" is something only we use in my country. Internationally they just call it "being firewalled".
It's the same thing, really.
Hotkey

Post by Hotkey »

I'm still struggling and hope I can get help to solve. Only some of my torrents load up as "stalled" others download "green" just fine. So what is going wrong?

By the way, I do notice that the items that are stalled are all UDP trackers, the HTTP trackers work. Router is set to forward both. Help!?
Last edited by Hotkey on Wed May 29, 2013 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

You should wait for the next release for MAC to test the libtorrent fixes unfortunately.