save to a specific location for each torrent

Other platforms, generic questions.
6ril

save to a specific location for each torrent

Post by 6ril »

Hi,

I'm just starting to test Qbittorrent. It's running on a NAS (readyNAS104) so I use the WebUI to control it.

- First thing, I can't use the WebUI on Firefox! I had to install chrome just to be able to use the WebUI.. Firefox was my only browser and I was happy with it, shame to install another software just to load a webpage.

- Second and most important, Is there a way to select a specific saving location when I add a torrent?  I hate how it seems to be now: every torrent I add will be save in the same location.
I think this REALLY new to be addressed. I don't want all my download in the same folder! I want to sort them! As it is now, if I move a downloaded torrent into a more logic folder (an image into my images folder) I'll stop seeding : /-

Anyone call help? Tell me if I'm missing something ...

thanks,

cyri/.
6ril

Re: save to a specific location for each torrent

Post by 6ril »

.. so anybody can help on such a basic feature? I mean the "save location" issue I have.
6ril

Post by 6ril »

I should have mentioned that the WebUI version for my ReadyNAS apps is 2.9.8
So, maybe this missing feature has been fixed in later versions?
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

The firefox thing has been fixed.(it was a firefox update that broke it). The save location thing, I don't think it is available for the WebUI
6ril

Post by 6ril »

my firefox is up to date, and can't run the webui.

Qbittorrent is useless without the ability to save to a specific location.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

What I meant is: It was fixed in qBittorrent. 3.0.7 and 3.0.9 contain important fixes. http://www.qbittorrent.org/news.php
As far as I know, we don't have an active webui developer for the html/css/javascript/front end part of the webui. So new features, won't appear anytime soon there. Only bug fixes.
6ril

Post by 6ril »

great!  then I'll start to look for a better torrent client.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Even utorrent doesn't allow this. You just preconfigure some download folders and it lets you choose between them. It doesn't let you browse the local filesystem.
6ril

Post by 6ril »

no offense sledghammer, but you just don't know what you're talkin about...
Transmission, among others let you don't this SIMPLE stuff.

Oh, and what do you mean by "even utorrent doesn't allow this" ?? it's definitely not with such way of thinking that you will improve on anything. But, that's about you, and here is not the place...
  sorry.
Seedthis

Post by Seedthis »

Yep qBt WebUI can't access the local filesystem to choose a specific save folder. Transmission can. However, qBt has near unlimited watch folders with a "download in place" checkbox. Maybe you could create as many watch folders as you want (in the options) and tick "download in place". You would just need to put the torrent file in any of those to start downloading in this folder.

I don't really use the WebUI to be honest (except for the batch add torrent function). I have a computer running a VNC server so when i'm not behind it and need to have full control over qBt, I simply log in from my Android phone.

PS : qBt is the creation of a single man on his free time, you can't expect the client to have everything you need. Take Transmission for instance, it still doesn't have labels with "per label folder" although the feature has been requested 4 years ago.