Show your desktop

For the generic offtopic chit-chat
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Show your desktop

Post by Nemo »

As the title says show your desktop :D! I will start first. Mine looks very basic and clean without any mods or themes but im planning to change it soon with the use of Rain. All the installed programs are hidden in a folder instead having them spread over my desktop.

Maybe ill pick up some ideas too from others :D.

Notes:
- If you are using a custom theme write down the name too if possible.
- Use any imagehosting site you want but don't load up the full size (like mine 1920x1080) which can cover the whole topic or make it smaller.
- Max 2-3 pictures is enough to show your glamorous desktop 8)!
Last edited by Nemo on Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dayman

Re: Show your desktop

Post by Dayman »

Nothing to see here except for the usual desktop clutter. The right topmost folder reads "OLD DESKTOP (Unsorted since 2010)"

Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

@Dayman:
> magnets.txt  ;D ;D
Also, why the large taskbar + large icons? Oo

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bmm6s47v6y5ck7y/ehh.jpg?dl=1
Attachments
ehh.jpg
ehh.jpg (0 Bytes) Viewed 4019 times
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Well, most of my desktop is covered with files/folders that once were important and I was actively working with them. Now, I need to sort them, move them out of the way and/or backup them. I am too lazy+bored to do that.
I suppose the same rule applies for Dayman's "OLD DESKTOP (Unsorted since 2010)" folder.

EDIT: And since it is so cluttered with important stuff, I cannot share a screenshot atm.
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

''OLD DESKTOP (Unsorted since 2010)'' XD.. I guess thats how a developers desktop looks like. I was expecting something more flashy and modified theming from someone (maybe we will get one) but we love the basic looks and feels I see :D. Im trying out some themes with Rain and might post a new one soon after im happy with it. No problem sledge ;), I was only wondering how others desktop looks like to get ideas for mine to change it and a bit of fun. Are you still playing Skyrim too ironcross? :D! From shiki is different than others with the bar on the left, looks clean and neat :). Are you using 2 separate screens as 1 or 1 main and other for something else? Mine is connected to the tv most of the time.
Last edited by Nemo on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dayman

Post by Dayman »

[quote="Nemo"]
''OLD DESKTOP (Unsorted since 2010)'' XD.. I guess thats how a developers desktop looks like. I was expecting something more flashy and modified theming from someone (maybe we will get one) but we love the basic looks and feels I see :D. Im trying out some themes with Rain and might post a new one soon after im happy with it. No problem sledge ;), I was only wondering how others desktop looks like to get ideas for mine to change it and a bit of fun. Are you still playing Skyrim too ironcross? :D! From shiki is different than others with the bar on the left, looks clean and neat :). Are you using 2 separate screens as 1 or 1 main and other for something else? Mine is connected to the tv most of the time.
[/quote]

Flashy is not really great for work. I generally hate docks (probably because of non-native implementation on Windows). I used to have a panel with hard drives next to start menu button for fast access, but after Windows decided I don't need one and removed it I've dropped the thing altogether and started using hotkeys (e.g. Meta + E).
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

[quote="Nemo"]
Are you still playing Skyrim too ironcross?
[/quote]

Not now. I played the last DLC - Dragonborn, and now i play The Walking Dead.
Here is my character in Skyrim:
http://static2.nexusmods.com/110/images ... 088179.jpg
Btw my Windows is modified and completely dark. I use the Pachenko theme:
http://charleston2378.deviantart.com/ar ... -334871363
But without the stupid dock, with another Start button and wallpaper obviously and with the original Windows icons.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Nice, I had a dark elf first and later changed to orc with sword and axe, sometimes 2 swords. You should try out Falskaar on skyrim nexus (wanted to put a link but the site wasn't opening, maintenance). It adds a big land and new quests to the game its almost like a whole new dlc. Deviantart has alot of themes but I find it sometimes hard to install. What I get is not always what it should be like on the screenshots :P.
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

Actually he is wood elf, stealth archer :) My previous character was a nord, heavy fighter (two handed swords). Thanks a lot for Falskaar, looks like a nice stuff.
I just made some changes in my Win. Now i do experiment with a basic theme and i like the result. I know, basic themes are ugly and most of them with white background (bad for the eyes), but not Placebo  8)

Image Image

This is Placebo Ashtray. Every Placebo theme have full basic support.
http://solmiler.deviantart.com/art/Plac ... -188414149
The wallpaper is from the Black Shine theme and the Start button is from some Start buttons collection included in Black Snine.
Dayman

Post by Dayman »

I guess I'll post my netbook desktop. Bottom panel uses auto-hide.

Image Image
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Pretty neat looking. 10/10 - would use.
hyperion1is

Post by hyperion1is »

"Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic." :)
I hope I don't bother anyone by "re-opening" this topic. Nemo is right, it can be a inspiration for others.

Anyway, this is my desktop.

My version of Windows is in Romanian but it shouldn't present a problem to anyone.
I will give the quick tour:
- the first icon in top left named "Computer" is "My computer". Following on vertical are apps shortcuts. Right below My computer are 2 shortcuts for 2 folders: one for apps and one for documents. I follow Nemo style to keep my desktop clean with the change that the apps that I use more often are on desktop and the other ones are in "Scurtaturi" folder. A compromise if you will. Unlike you Nemo for me keeping a clean the desktop is not a won battle yet :)
- top middle a simple gadget for Cpu and Ram usage.
- top right: Recycle bin icon. Next to it "Shutdown" and "Restart" buttons (using custom scripts) for convenience. Below, shortcuts for administrative issues such as: the God Mode, Event Viewer, Uninstall a program and so on. In the center are some shortcuts for a user with which I share this PC.
- on the right the taskbar on vertical, mainly because I like to open as many windows without the need to regroup or to be harder to see. On this one (to not combine) I'm still on the old XP behavior. First, after the Start button is Quick launch. "Disabled" in Windows 7 but a must have for me. Half of them are apps and half are shortcuts for folders that I frequently open (such as the torrents folder :) ). The rest is obvious.
- Also as for desktop background I usually use a folder (more than one wallpaper) rather than just one picture with 1 hour cycling interval. I get bored quickly with just one :) Now it's a folder with Universe theme that I have downloaded from the net.

Cheers!
Last edited by hyperion1is on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Nice, it gets time that I make a new one too soon :D. Im still thinking to use a theme to change it completely but didn't changed it yet.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Personally, I prefer a minimal approach.

Linux Mint 16 (LXDE) (Two monitors)