Force Start option like in µTorrent

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
csenger41

Force Start option like in µTorrent

Post by csenger41 »

I would like to see a "Force Start" option in qBittorrent too. Sometimes that feature came handy and I am missing it so badly.
Trond

Re: Force Start option like in µTorrent

Post by Trond »

s4nder

Post by s4nder »

Disable the queue and all torrents are automatically force started when you launch the program.
Last edited by s4nder on Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tofi

Post by Tofi »

[quote="s4nder"]
Disable the queue and all torrents are automatically force started when you launch the program.
[/quote] "Force start" not working in this way. "Force start" its is override of max allowed UL/DL torrents i.e. max is 3 torrents started and you want to add to this one selected torrent with priority #6, then you forcing start and now active torrents are #1,#2.#3,#6.
Sign me in for that option too.
res0r9lm

Post by res0r9lm »

[quote="Tofi"]
[quote="s4nder"]
[/quote] "Force start" not working in this way. "Force start" its is override of max allowed UL/DL torrents i.e. max is 3 torrents started and you want to add to this one selected torrent with priority #6, then you forcing start and now active torrents are #1,#2.#3,#6.
Sign me in for that option too.
[/quote]
Force start circumvents queue and scheduler so if you disable queue all torrent would be same as force started or you can set queue to the proper values 
tobindax

Post by tobindax »

+1

And completely different from manually disabling a queue system. This is strictly for "once in a while for an exception" only. It defies the purpose to force users to not have it because "theoretically they can do it with a queue". Well duh, that's the feature, to avoid changing the settings when they only need it for one torrent only.