Weird numbers in qbittorrent, how to normalize it?

Windows specific questions, problems.
Rallerbabz

Weird numbers in qbittorrent, how to normalize it?

Post by Rallerbabz »

I've been having a problem with qbittorrent lately. I have the same problem on several devices and it's actually been this way for half a year, I just never really did too much about it, since I could still see the progress etc.

Anyway, you can see the problem on this picture http://puu.sh/e4gsT/a3841553b3.png

Where it should tell me the size of the file, mib/s etc it shows me weird numbers I can't read. I only have this problem with qbittorrent, everything else is fine. What's wrong?
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Weird numbers in qbittorrent, how to normalize it?

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

What is that particular version?
Which OS do you use?
What is the language of your OS?
What is the language of qbt?

When you say "several devices" do you mean several devices with qbt? Or several devices where other software have the same behavior

Those numbers look like Arabic letters to me (although I don't know any arabic)...
Rallerbabz

Post by Rallerbabz »

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
What is that particular version?
Which OS do you use?
What is the language of your OS?
What is the language of qbt?

When you say "several devices" do you mean several devices with qbt? Or several devices where other software have the same behavior

Those numbers look like Arabic letters to me (although I don't know any arabic)...
[/quote]

I'm using qBittorrent 3.1.10
I'm using Windows 8.1 64bit
Language of my OS is Danish
Language of qbt is English
Changing qbt to danish doesnt change anything (except language of course)

EDIT: sorry I forgot to answer your last question.

When I say several devices I mean my laptop and my desktop computer. I believe my sister also had this problem on her macbook air tho, but I can't troubleshoot on that since I dont have it near me.
Last edited by Rallerbabz on Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Does this happen with v3.1.11?
Can you give a bigger screenshot with more torrents? -censor the names-
Rallerbabz

Post by Rallerbabz »

The program said it was up to date, but I just manually installed 3.1.11. Same weird letters though.

Well, I dont have any torrents active beside the only I showed, but I just added a bunch quickly; http://puu.sh/e5btB/372ea32564.png
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Are these download jobs or ones you have created?

Open the metadata file with http://torrenteditor.com/ to see what that renders like.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Can you also enable all columns and give again a screenshot? I want to see what kind of columns/data is affected by this.
Btw, I don't suppose you use any weird font as your system font, right?
Rallerbabz

Post by Rallerbabz »

Ciaobaby, I am not that good with torrents, so I am not quite sure what you mean. Those are all download jobs (as in I just downloaded them from my a private tracker site and I didnt make them myself). Regarding metadata, what file is that and where can I find it? :P If it's just the little file you download to activate the torrent, what information exactly do  you want me to give you? It just shows stuff like what's in the file, created date, info hash etc..

Sledgehammer_999, I added all the columns here, but hided the name one since there wasnt space for it all, and you can see it isnt affected in the other screenshot anyway. http://puu.sh/e7Znl/4a6fd2cbc0.png

These are all downloaded jobs, everyone except one are finished and are currently just seeding.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

This seems to affect only decimal numbers.
It seems that Qt decides to use some other font for that.
Can you leave a torrent to upload and achieve a greater than "0,00" share ratio? I want to see if that breaks too.
Can you post a screenshot of view->statistics? It has a bunch of decimal numbers and I want to see if that is broken too.

One hunch is that this is the fault of qt4 with combination with Windows 8.1 which it wasn't designed for.
qt5 might solve the problem. So after you do all the above can you try this qt5 build? link: http://builds.shiki.hu/temp/qbittorrent ... 014_qt5.7z
(or if you can wait I can provide with a more recent qt5 build)
Rallerbabz

Post by Rallerbabz »

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
This seems to affect only decimal numbers.
It seems that Qt decides to use some other font for that.
Can you leave a torrent to upload and achieve a greater than "0,00" share ratio? I want to see if that breaks too.
Can you post a screenshot of view->statistics? It has a bunch of decimal numbers and I want to see if that is broken too.

One hunch is that this is the fault of qt4 with combination with Windows 8.1 which it wasn't designed for.
qt5 might solve the problem. So after you do all the above can you try this qt5 build? link: http://builds.shiki.hu/temp/qbittorrent ... 014_qt5.7z
(or if you can wait I can provide with a more recent qt5 build)
[/quote]

Sure, I will let them seed, but since I only have 1mbit upload, it will take like forever and I can't really use my internet properly while they're running (video and games will lag heavily). And seems like none is downloading anyway. If you can link to a torrent that has leechers, is safe(as in virus) and is really small, feel free to do that.

It's Tools -> Stats, but sure! :) http://puu.sh/e9inB/0343e842da.png

I'd gladly try that build, but I just need to know that it wont break what is downloading atm. Been downloading a 50 gb file for quite a while and I don't want to lose the progress.
Rallerbabz

Post by Rallerbabz »

Hi guys!

I figured out why it showed the weird numbers now and fixed it by myself.

It had actually nothing to do with qbittorrent, it was just that it was the only program that used the setting apparently.

If I go to change language/date/time and clicks more settings it pops up with how it should display numbers. Under default digits I had to change it from the weird numbers to 012345679 and it fixed everything!

Sorry for the trouble, have a great for-the-rest-of-your-life ! :-)
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

I thought that something weird was happening.
Thank for coming back and reporting your actual fix.
Alp1n3

Post by Alp1n3 »

Yes, thank you ! Especially since it is still helping people almost a decade later. I had the same issue and the same fix worked for me. On Windows 11 it was settings - language & region - scroll to the bottom and click administrative language settings - in the box that opens click the formats tab and then click additional settings - from there select the drop down for standard formats and select the correct one. :)