WebUI credentials

Other platforms, generic questions.
marcolem

WebUI credentials

Post by marcolem »

Hi, I just installed qbitorrent-nox and setup the WebUI. I changed the default port and the credentials and an alertbox with 0 showed up... the port was changed sucessfully but neither default credentials nor new credentials are working. Is there any way to reset those settings?
marcolem

Re: [ubuntu] WebUI credentials

Post by marcolem »

I read another post and found my answer about the settings file. My new username was there and password is a byteArray so I can't say what was saved there.
christophe.dumez

Post by christophe.dumez »

If you delete the two corresponding lines in the settings file and then restart qBittorrent, this will reset your username password.
christophe.dumez

Post by christophe.dumez »

I can reproduce the alert message here. This is simply a debug alert I forgot to remove, this is now fixed in SVN. However, this alert does not affect the settings saving.

Here, I can successfully change the username/password from the Web UI.
jazzmo

Re: WebUI credentials

Post by jazzmo »

Hi,

I just compiled and installed the latest git clone (qbittorrent-nox) on squeeze, created a debian package for it. I have a problem with the WebUI credentials though: after downloading for a while I was not able to log on with my password (changed it from the default adminadmin). After I deleted it from the config file and reset it it was working again, but after a while i was not able to log on again. Could you please check this? If it makes sense I could compile the latest git clone for stable so others could also install it simply from a deb file instead of compiling. If you are interested please drop me a mail. Oh, I forget that in the meantime I've changed it directly in the source file /src/preferences/preferences.h

cheers,
jazzmo
Last edited by jazzmo on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.