[unofficial]qBittorrent git master builds: 3.2.0beta_20150329_c6bfcd0

Testing the freshly baked, latest builds!
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

[unofficial]qBittorrent git master builds: 3.2.0beta_20150329_c6bfcd0

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Here is a build of qBittorrent 3.2.beta sha1 c6bfcd0 from git master with:
boost 1.55
libtorrent 1.0.4svn+r10904
qt: 4.8.6

Built using msvc2013

Git changelog from last alpha: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... c1c97fd8ab

Link 1: http://www.fosshub.com/qBittorrent.html
Link 2: http://builds.shiki.hu/qbittorrent_3.2. ... _setup.exe
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [unofficial]qBittorrent git master builds: 3.2.0beta_20150329_c6bfcd0

Post by Peter »

Any part that needs testing? I used the 3.2 branch since the alpha and had no issues whatsoever. o.O
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

I switched today to "beta" to reflect the stability of the program.
I don't know if something needs specific testing. Just use it if you can and report any new problems.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Installing right away! I can also test anything specific if needed. All the alphas that I have used are always very stable though so I don't have anything ''bad'' to report. Beta instead alpha sounds like the RC is coming a bit closer :D.

As always; thanks sledge, and to everyone who has put their work into it.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Got a small bug I think, correct me if im wrong.

Torrents that are in ''Paused'' state while at 0.0% are seen as ''Resumed''. Once rechecked to 100% it gets removed from the ''Resumed'' section. I think that the ''Resumed'' tab should be showing 0 because the ''Paused'' tab shows already 4 which is correct. When I click at ''Resumed'' it shows nothing, clicking ''Paused'' shows the 4 torrents.

Last edited by Nemo on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

[quote="Nemo"]
Got a small bug I think, correct me if im wrong.

Torrents that are in ''Paused'' state while at 0.0% are seen as ''Resumed''. Once rechecked to 100% it gets removed from the ''Resumed'' section. I think that the ''Resumed'' tab should be showing 0 because the ''Paused'' tab shows already 4 which is correct. When I click at ''Resumed'' it shows nothing, clicking ''Paused'' shows the 4 torrents.
[/quote]

Good catch. Actually the filter behaves correctly. The number calculation is wrong because it counts the "paused up torrents" too. I am going to fix it tomorrow.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Another thing sledge that I forgot to add if you look at the pictures (or you probably saw it already) is that Downloading shows 4 while the 4 torrents are in Paused state. Showing these torrents as Downloading makes qBittorrent maybe think that they are Resumed while they aren't. Paused shows the correct numbers however, the problem is somewhere between Downloading and Resumed I think.

Its something very small but catched my attention :). Outside this it works great and very stable. Didn't encountered anything weird.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

I have left in the "Downloading" filter both downloading and paused incomplete torrents because that's the same thing that utorrent does. I don't know if I shouldn't follow this rule.
(the counter is already fixed in the git master now)
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Ah I see, that makes sense. Incomplete torrents are the ones that still needs to be downloaded anyway. You can leave it like this if you want, your choice :).

Edit: True, uTorrent does the same. Saw it with v2.2.1. Paused incomplete downloads are shown at ''Downloading''.
Last edited by Nemo on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bloodybunny

Post by bloodybunny »

O have this since 3.2.0 alpha now i'm on beta, win8.1 x64. Every time i start qbit it looks like this. I can fix it by opening and closing any of the bottom tabs.
1. is it a bug? 2. if/how can i fix this on a more permanent matter. (picture attached)
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Last edited by bloodybunny on Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rangi

Post by Rangi »

I've been using the 3.2.0 alpha on Windows 8.1, and just now switched to the beta.

One problem I have with the sidebar: when there are a lot of trackers, the tracker list and the label list have separate scrollbars, and the labels one becomes way too short with no way to resize it. I would prefer a single scrollbar for the whole sidebar. Also, checkboxes are not the standard control for this show/hide function; most apps use a triangle toggle.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

@Sledge: Will we have a Force Start option for 3.2?
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

When I tried to re-add a previously-downloaded torrent to qbittorrent_3.2.0beta_20150329_c6bfcd0 , qBT claimed to be looking in the correct location but actually kept pointing to its default download folder and refused to detect the already-existing files.
Is this a new or previous bug?

The old cache bug still exists at least under Windows XP SP3, but strangely only while seeding. It didn't help whether I had use OS caching checked or not. At its worst, qBT was using 500 MB more ram than the cache size was set to despite only having 3 torrents loaded.
dinjo

Post by dinjo »

The Trackers Section always show Errors(1)
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

[quote="bloodybunny"]
O have this since 3.2.0 alpha now i'm on beta, win8.1 x64. Every time i start qbit it looks like this. I can fix it by opening and closing any of the bottom tabs.
1. is it a bug? 2. if/how can i fix this on a more permanent matter. (picture attached)
[/quote]

Can you take a backup of your qbittorrent.ini and then delete the original? Start again qbt, make it look the way you want it and restart it. Does it display the same problem?

[quote="Rangi"]
One problem I have with the sidebar: when there are a lot of trackers, the tracker list and the label list have separate scrollbars, and the labels one becomes way too short with no way to resize it. I would prefer a single scrollbar for the whole sidebar. Also, checkboxes are not the standard control for this show/hide function; most apps use a triangle toggle.
[/quote]

And to think I spend one day hacking and testing specifically for this and yet you managed to break it!
A single scrollbar might be best instead of the current method though.

[quote="shiki"]
@Sledge: Will we have a Force Start option for 3.2?
[/quote]

Yes, it is on the v3.2.0 milestone on github.

[quote="Switeck"]
When I tried to re-add a previously-downloaded torrent to qbittorrent_3.2.0beta_20150329_c6bfcd0 , qBT claimed to be looking in the correct location but actually kept pointing to its default download folder and refused to detect the already-existing files.
Is this a new or previous bug?[/quote]

Do you have "keep incomplete torrent in" enabled? If yes, try disabling it.
As for the cache thing, I am lost. I have reported it upstream as you know, but no answer.

[quote="dinjo"]
The Trackers Section always show Errors(1)
[/quote]

And if you click on it, does it show a single torrent in the transfer list? What do is its trackers' status?
Last edited by sledgehammer_999 on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.