Modified: 12 December, 2017.
Please Read the Forum Rules before Posting!
The community forums are a place where people can interact and have discussions about several different topics. However, we ask that you follow these guidelines to ensure that the forums have some productive conversation. These rules and guidelines are enforced by administrators and moderators, and at their discretion, may delete posts without warning that do not comply.
Notice: Administrators/Moderators reserve the right to change/edit/delete any content at any time if they feel it is inappropriate.
I. General Forum Rules:
- Flame, troll or insult other members.
- Bypass the swear filter or other filters.
- Abuse or encourage abuse of the Reputation, Post Reporting, or Private Messaging Systems
- Post personally identifiable information (i.e. name, address, email, phone number, etc.)
- Bump threads
- Derail a thread's topic.
- Link to external sites containing illegal or copyrighted content, including .torrent files, torrent search engines, or any similar sites.
- Post links to phishing sites.
- Post spam (i.e. +1, 10char, rickrolls) or Re-post Closed, Modified, Deleted Content.
- Post in different language. It may be removed without notice.
- Openly argue with a moderator. Contact the Moderator via a private message.
- Share your account. Forum accounts are intended for the use by one person.
- Publicly post or otherwise share PMs with other users unless you have the expressed permission of the sender to do so. Private Messages are intended to be just that - private.
- Post or ask for older versions of qBittorrent. We will only troubleshoot current versions of the software (as far its possible).
- Ask for answers or be impatient, but wait patiently. We are not 24/7 active here. We are here in our free time and don't get paid or whatever. Meanwhile other users might help you too.
II. The following topics are strictly off limits, including in external links:
- Porn, gross stuff, or anything else not safe for work
- Piracy, warez, Leaked content.
- *Any* discussion of piracy will result in a permanent ban from our qBittorrent forum.
- Threats of violence or harassment, even as a joke
- Posting copyrighted material.
- Soliciting, begging, auctioning, selling, advertising, referrals
- Racism, discrimination
- Drugs, alcohol
- Religious, political, and other “prone to huge arguments” threads
III. No Backseat Moderating:
Let the Forum Moderators do the moderating. Backseat Moderating is when people who are not Moderators try to enforce the forum rules. Whenever you see a person breaking the rules, take advantage of the "Report this post to a moderator" link. Or simply IGNORE the offensive post(s) or thread. The most common backseat reply is the "+1 in before lock" phrase. Backseat moderating is annoying, and pointless.
Do not complain if a moderator removes a message you posted. We trust our moderators, and if they've removed a message, they had a good reason.
IV. Report Post to the Moderators:
Should you observe a fellow forum member breaking these rules please report the post by clicking the Report Post button "" located to the right of every post, or feel free to contact any of the Forum Mods/Admins.
V. Lifetime Achievement Award:
Users who are found to be repeat offenders will be removed from the forums.
VI. Before opening a new topic/opening a topic:
- Use the Search function at our forum to find the issue that you are facing. It might be discussed/answered already and could be helpful to you too.
- We got our own Bugtracker where you can open a ''New Issue'' with the bug you think you have found. Try to be very specific and detailed so the guys at Github can take a look at it.
- Try to be detailed as possible at our forum too when opening a topic. Don't forget to add your OS, qBittorrent version, libtorrent version or python if any is being installed and used. It mostly depends with what OS you are using.
- Open your topic in the right section. As the names says; Windows, Suggestions and so on. If not we will move it to the right section afterwards.
- If you are posting an image of your qBittorrent client, please make sure to blur or delete the list of your torrents.
- Be patient for official help. We got our private lives too just like you do. We are doing this in our free time.
- Be nice and be polite.
If you have any questions about these rules, you may contact a moderator/admin.
Thanks for reading .
Forum Rules and Guidelines
For the generic offtopic chit-chat
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Forum Rules and Guidelines
Last edited by Nemo on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 post • Page 1 of 1