[unofficial]qBittorrent git master builds: 3.3.0alpha_20150621_5e400d31174

Testing the freshly baked, latest builds!
ciaobaby

Re: [unofficial]qBittorrent git master builds: 3.3.0alpha_20150621_2e6c890883d

Post by ciaobaby »

just far outside the viewable window.
That's what the scroll bar is for, and the columns widths are 'sizeable' with the "splitter" cursor.
Inwoods

Post by Inwoods »

Yeah Ciao, I know how columns work.  I didn't expect two of them them to be much larger than my screen width by default, so it took a while for me to catch.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

I was being somewhat facetious.

I didn't expect two of them them to be much larger than my screen width by default,
Depends how wide your screen is and what the geometry of the GUI window is on launch, the GUI should pick up the 'last known configuration but if that fails it makes something of a 'best guess' :)
lisaalisa

Post by lisaalisa »

actions "on downloads done" dont work.

p.s. thanks for qbittorrent.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

bug reports go at https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues

Be specific about "don't work' please.
lisaalisa

Post by lisaalisa »

[quote="ciaobaby"]
Be specific about "don't work' please.
[/quote]
Just not working. Appears usual warning, but after 15 seconds, nothing happens. :)
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

The "usual warning" being what??

Specifics are required not ambiguous statements
TomGarner

Post by TomGarner »

Using the 3.30alpha build

---

when I hit f2 to rename, it pulls up the rename of the torrent, allows me to change it, but does not actually change the "display" section.  I can rename the data-file portion as normal.

:)
TomGarner

Post by TomGarner »

Ran 3.3.0 all night with no problems that I can see other than rename (display side NOT filename).  A good suggestion would be to use Vuze format and when you hit F2 it renames (based on check box) all from one location; thus saving time of re-naming display, renaming file name and renaming torrent (for those that actually care about such trivial things).

Unlabel shows "label"ed items... so basically unlabeled tab is showing all files.  **** edit **** - Unlabel counter is working ok, when a label is assigned the counter from unlabel decreases by one showing only "unlabel" items.  however in the display screen it is showing all files.

I was getting all kinds of hell w/ the normal release but this alpha is running smoothly, no crashes to speak of.

Great job guys!
Last edited by TomGarner on Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

when I hit f2 to rename, it pulls up the rename of the torrent,
With what selected?

And the 'display side' would be??
TomGarner

Post by TomGarner »

I call the display side the top portion, which shows your torrent activity or the top portion of the program, left side containing labels, trackers, etc, top right displaying the torrent listings and the bottom which I would say includes the tracker, general, peers tab section...

but thanks for your suggestion on being more clear... I'll work on that...
Gúgolplex

Post by Gúgolplex »

qBittorrent will be a software universal? install since Windows Store in desktop, smartphone, tablet, etc...
DarkeningNightofSofia

Post by DarkeningNightofSofia »

I installed the latest alpha version and my laptop got extremely slow, not really sure what was causing it. But it started after I installed the latest alpha version, it wasn't even running and my laptop became very slow. After I uninstalled the latest alpha the bug disappeared. Maybe something to do with the OS Cache feature?
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

I changed the ''Half open connections'' settings to 25 and unchecked ''System cache'' at the advanced settings and things are going very smooth now.

Give it a try if you're experiencing any problems and report back your findings.

@DarkeningNightofSofia:

Welcome,

I doubt it that it has to do with OS cache feature. No problems on this side when enabled. Mine is unchecked at the moment though.
TomGarner

Post by TomGarner »

4050 torrents added, from multiple torrent programs I've been testing out (vuze on down to utorrent), I'm really digging qBittorent.  I'm not a heavy hitter but I like programs that work as advertised and you guys rock.  Program is clean, simple, familiar and heck even the Alpha version is working like a champ (few issues here/there but everyone has mentioned the same items I have, so no repeats).... :)

Now to get my torrents organized, it's not pretty but I've got some work to do...

thanks guys!