Peter
Administrator
Administrator

qBittorrent as the "Best Free BitTorrent Client"

Post by Peter »

loki

Re: qBittorrent as the "Best Free BitTorrent Client"

Post by loki »

Except that the most recent version, at least, doesn't work with Windows 7 64bit (possibly others), and hasn't been fixed since release.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Chris is not online for a week or so. When he comes back, he'll fix it for sure.
Sadly, we don't have the same amount of money and developers as uTorrent.. :/
loki

Post by loki »

That's unfortunate timing... I didn't know he was offline.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Really, don't expect that everything is gonna be fixed the next day after. qBittorrent is being made by Chris and other small group volunteers who do other things around it. Compared to uTorrent which is almost a big company of people who are busy and working with it Chris and others are doing their best to get everything fixed, trust me. Keep saying the same thing every topic ''oh 64bit not working, oh ye 64bit has bugs'' is not needed, he probably knows it already. He visits the forum and the bugpad often. Even now the vacation period has come and people are doing other things so the development speed may be slower but it will be fixed as soon as possible.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

loki wrote: That's unfortunate timing... I didn't know he was offline.
2011.07.11. 9:47
By the way, I'm on vacation in ........ until the end of July so don't be surprised if I'm not very responsive :)
Anyway, wrote him a new letter about a bug, but guess he is won't be able to fix things from there.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Thanks shiki :).
loki

Post by loki »

It's actually been like 3 weeks, for that amount of time it should have been fully removed from sourceforge... or else, what is to stop even more people downloading the "latest (official) version" because it should arguably be the most stable version, yet reports from at least a few users come in and, seemingly nothing is done about it. Not even a note on the download page... not everyone visits forums when there's a problem with a program, they just move onto another program.
garryn

Post by garryn »

[quote="loki"]
Except that the most recent version, at least, doesn't work with Windows 7 64bit (possibly others), and hasn't been fixed since release.
[/quote]
doesn't seem to work with OSX either. Was trying to find a more comprehenive program than ' Transmission'. Guess I'll have to keep looking....
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

It should have been fixed by now, try it yourself as I don't have a 64bit OS to try. That comment is from Juli 12 2011 already and it might be working now :).