[Solved] qBittorrent v2.7.3 problem

Windows specific questions, problems.
courtenayguy

[Solved] qBittorrent v2.7.3 problem

Post by courtenayguy »

I'm running 2.7.3 still...can't seem to get the 2.8 version downloaded?
Anyways, what happened in 2.7.3? No 'priority' setting anymore?
And no automatic update option is working?
And why, when running by itself, does the screen fade out, then reload itself?
Weird problems...what happened?
You folks seem to have put inalot of gobbledegook in the latest versions, and removed some of its great features?
Or is it just me?
I may revert back to using utorrent! >:(
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2.7.3 problem

Post by Peter »

First of all, please calm down.

For every one of the problems, create a new launchpad bug on the bugtracker.
Then, wait some days. Chris is away, and he will fix/answer the problems as soon as he comes back.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2.7.3 problem

Post by Nemo »

First off calm down indeed, if we can help we love to. Don't know why you are trying to get version ''v2.8'', current stable is v2.8.2 and can be found (as always) at our sourceforge site: qBittorrent v2.8.2. The auto update is probably not working cause of the unofficial release being put at sourceforge which are compiled differently, official and unofficial versions also not recognize each other when installed so can't update with the auto update function, correct me if im wrong shiki. Some things have been changed with time but if you want something in it (which can be something that has been removed, must had his own reason for doing so) you can always post that at the launchpad. Chris will surely look at it.

First time hearing from you that the screen ''fades out, reload'' problem, like shiki said create a new launchpad bug on the bugtracker. If you have more problems its important to post them too at thte launchpad. And here we will help if possible.

Download v2.8.2, uninstall any older versions and delete these folders also:
- C:\Users\(Your Name/Computer Name)\AppData\Local\qBittorrent
- C:\Users\(Your Name/Computer Name)\AppData\Roaming\qBittorrent
- C:\Program Files\qBittorrent

Then do a clean install of v2.8.2 and you're set to go. You need to re-configure it though if you want to. You also need to re-add your torrents so don't accidently delete your Downloads/Torrents folders. And yes it could be you like you said :). Very stable v2.8.2 here.

Really, coming here and saying ''I will revert back to uTorrent'' well if you want to you can, nobody forces you to use qBittorrent its your choice :).