Torrents not resuming after Windows comes back from sleep/there's network change

Windows specific questions, problems.
high.tyto

Torrents not resuming after Windows comes back from sleep/there's network change

Post by high.tyto »

When I put my computer in standby and then later wake it up from sleep, torrents don't resume even though the internet is working fine. I'm able to use the internet normally and even RSS feeds in qBittorrent are able to update themselves, however no torrents resume downloading and only sit at stalled. qBittorrent will even add new torrents from the RSS feeds but these will sit at stalled as well. The only way I'm able to get torrents to resume/start downloading or seeding is to either exit qBittorrent completely and start it again or to generate another random port under Settings>Connections. I'm not sure what the deal is here. Any help? They also won't resume if I am switching networks or lose internet temporarily.
Last edited by high.tyto on Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ciaobaby

Re: Torrents not resuming after Windows comes back from sleep/there's network change

Post by ciaobaby »

There is no signal from the OS to 'tell' qbittorrent/libtorrent that the network interface has "woken up"  so it does not 'know' when to restart.
high.tyto

Re: Torrents not resuming after Windows comes back from sleep/there's network change

Post by high.tyto »

So what I'm doing now is the only workaround?