i think qBittorrent disconnect my internet connection(i use version 3.2.5)

Other platforms, generic questions.
Switeck

Re: i think qBittorrent disconnect my internet connection(i use version 3.2.5)

Post by Switeck »

Try 30 connections per torrent and 5 max half open connections.

Also try with uTP and LSD disabled as well if DHT alone didn't help.
menash

Post by menash »

[quote="Switeck"]
Try 30 connections per torrent and 5 max half open connections.

Also try with uTP and LSD disabled as well if DHT alone didn't help.
[/quote]

where i disable uTP and LSD?
i prefer to disable all and trying :-)
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

Options, Speed for uTP. (uTP uses UDP packets)
Options, BitTorrent for LSP/LPD (Local Peer Discovery -- which uses multicast and/or broadcast packets).

I think your router may not be handling UDP and/or multicast packets very well.
(DHT uses lots of UDP packets btw.)
menash

Post by menash »

[quote="Switeck"]
Options, Speed for uTP. (uTP uses UDP packets)
Options, BitTorrent for LSP/LPD (Local Peer Discovery -- which uses multicast and/or broadcast packets).

I think your router may not be handling UDP and/or multicast packets very well.
(DHT uses lots of UDP packets btw.)
[/quote]

OK set it all.
i'll check it...

about my router, the thing is that when i checked utorrent(3.4.6) there was no problem when i seed the same torrent that got me disconnected from the internet(and got me here :-)).
and in utorrent i didn't change any settings(kept all the defaults besides the port number and the download folder).
if the problem is in the router, i think utorrent also should disconnect me from the internet.
menash

Post by menash »

problem still exist.

just FYI what i do for examine this: i download those 8 torrents of linux OSes, and then i'm waiting to see if i disconnected.
after more time(when i see the connection is still alive)  i remove all the torrents including the data(without the torrent that only seeding, which i keep), and then immediately open again all these torrents of linux and start downloading them again.
menash

Post by menash »

and i also can confirm that it's happening also in transmission.
very strange.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Ok but please tell me how many half open connections and per torrent connections, to use.
The same, DHT is just another method of locating peers.

that it's happening also in transmission.
Buy a new router then.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

Disable UPnP and NAT-PMP both in the router and in qBitTorrent.
ONLY forward TCP from the router to your computer (for qBitTorrent).

If that doesn't work, what's most likely crashing the router is its firewall (stateful packet inspection/hardware firewall it's sometimes called) that's probably choking on all the connections.
menash

Post by menash »

UPnP and NAT-PMP were disabled from the beginning :-).

any suggestion for a good router (with gigabit ports)?
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

If this doesn't work out, or you just like uTorrent better...uTorrent is probably the better choice for you.

If you're up to it, see if uTorrent causes internet disconnects with 8 Linux torrents started.
If possible, use the same port that qBitTorrent used. (...with qBT not running of course!) That way, all the leftover traffic bound for qBT has to be intercepted and interpreted by uTorrent.

If uTorrent doesn't cause disconnects even with 8 torrents, DHT enabled, 500+ global max connections, 100 connections per torrent, and 50 or more half open connections...qBitTorrent testers and developers are going to have a hard job sorting out why.
If uTorrent DOES cause disconnects under those conditions, it probably just means the router is weak/overloaded...
menash

Post by menash »

[quote="Switeck"]
If this doesn't work out, or you just like uTorrent better...uTorrent is probably the better choice for you.

If you're up to it, see if uTorrent causes internet disconnects with 8 Linux torrents started.
If possible, use the same port that qBitTorrent used. (...with qBT not running of course!) That way, all the leftover traffic bound for qBT has to be intercepted and interpreted by uTorrent.

If uTorrent doesn't cause disconnects even with 8 torrents, DHT enabled, 500+ global max connections, 100 connections per torrent, and 50 or more half open connections...qBitTorrent testers and developers are going to have a hard job sorting out why.
If uTorrent DOES cause disconnects under those conditions, it probably just means the router is weak/overloaded...
[/quote]

i have an update.
although in utorrent the internet connection is more stable, eventually i got disconnected from the internet.
in qbittorrent the disconnects are more frequent, but in my check today, after 10 hours of stable connection when utorrent was working(qbittorrent was closed of course), i again remove all the 8 torrents including data and then immediately add them again and after a minute or two, i disconnected from the internet.
so maybe as suggested here, it's my router's fault, and maybe i didn't notice this problem till couple of days ago...

so i'm going back to my previous question:
can you recommend a router or two that can handle the connections better then my 1043ND?
i prefer something not very expensive and with gigabit ports.

or maybe can you tell me what is your router and if it's handling your torrenting without a problem?

thanks for all your help till now :-).
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

One thing to try before buying a new router would be to replace the power supply, assuming that it is a separate unit, it could be that  it is failing and if the router is drawing a bit more current when under load, it is the PSU that 'glitches out' momentarily.
menash

Post by menash »

[quote="ciaobaby"]
One thing to try before buying a new router would be to replace the power supply, assuming that it is a separate unit, it could be that  it is failing and if the router is drawing a bit more current when under load, it is the PSU that 'glitches out' momentarily.
[/quote]

my router and my computer are connected through different power sockets(on the wall).
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

[quote="menash"]
[quote="ciaobaby"]
[/quote]

my router and my computer are connected through different power sockets(on the wall).
[/quote]

And???

Does the router have a little black box that plugs in to the mains socket, with a thinner cable coming out of it with a small round plug on the end that goes into a matching socket on the router?

Because THAT is the power supply unit I am referring to.
menash

Post by menash »

[quote="ciaobaby"]
[quote="menash"]
[quote="ciaobaby"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

And???

Does the router have a little black box that plugs in to the mains socket, with a thinner cable coming out of it with a small round plug on the end that goes into a matching socket on the router?

Because THAT is the power supply unit I am referring to.
[/quote]

OK, so i didn't understood you :-) (thanks for the explanation)
i don't know where can i get something similar that suits this router...
Last edited by menash on Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.