qBittorrent 2.8.4 **unofficial mingw build**

Windows specific questions, problems.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

qBittorrent 2.8.4 **unofficial mingw build**

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

I just got back from my vacations. I am awake for ~24 hours. But I did a quick build of 2.8.4 for you guys. And now I will go to sleep. Enjoy and report any problems.

Versions used:
Qt: 4.7.3
Boost: 1.47
Libtorrent: 0.15.7
openssl: 1.0.0d

link1-> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FG0O6TN5
link2-> http://www.mediafire.com/?bn8j1nuu86m1j6n
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: qBittorrent 2.8.4 **unofficial mingw build**

Post by Peter »

Awesome, thanks!
s4nder

Post by s4nder »

Thanks, but I'm still getting I/O errors all over the place. What a nasty bug.
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
I just got back from my vacations.
[/quote]

Welcome back  :)
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Welcome back sledge! Downloading v2.8.4 right away :D!

Edit: Works great like always.

@s4nder: Did you do a clean install? deleted really everything from the old qBittorrent? Folders C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\qBittorrent and C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\qBittorrent? Also look inside Program Files and delete that one too after uninstall. It must work cause I had the same problem with the old release but after v2.8.2 its fixed since then, running W7 32bit at the moment. You can try to clean your registry with Free Registry Cleaner to delete any left overs from previous installs. By the way this program is safe to use im using it for years now.
Last edited by Nemo on Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rastaman

Post by Rastaman »

So far so good, I haven't extensively used it but I was actually able to download something now (previous builds would I/O error as soon as the torrents start).

Win7 64bit
s4nder

Post by s4nder »

Yeah, admittedly I just installed it over 2.7.3 I had been using previously. I'll try a complete fresh reinstall tomorrow.
Rastaman

Post by Rastaman »

Now I'm getting some kind of memory I/O error.

And now the torrents won't even start, always "stalled" whatever that means. No information in the Execution Log whatsoever.

lol this is starting to become too much trouble.

Edit: Oh, and when deleting torrents from the list and check marking to delete data the the HDD... it never does. Doesn't even work
catweazle

Post by catweazle »

Have updated my portable qBittorrent, has been running all day now.
I have stopped using uTorrent now completely.
Looking forward to upcoming releases !
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

@s4nder: Forgot to mention, if you can't find those folders they might be hidden so you have to untick show hidden files and maps in windows options.

@Rastaman: Weird,, All does work properly here. You could/should try my advice few posts above too, I had those I/O problems also but fixed it.
Rastaman

Post by Rastaman »

[quote="NeMo_0"]
@Rastaman: Weird,, All does work properly here. You could/should try my advice few posts above too, I had those I/O problems also but fixed it.
[/quote]

Yea I did that when I first installed it. However, it just started to do it as the day went on and as I used it more. I'm not gonna do this every single time an error pops up, it needs to be addressed in the program itself if it's a bug.
loki

Post by loki »

No, this HAS to be an isolated 64-bit problem... I await the fix. I will unfortunately not even bother trying this build. 2.8.1.1 has been working perfectly fine for me. It's when I start uninstalling/reinstalling it I start getting the I/O errors again... including version 2.7.3!

And yes, before you even ask, a truly clean install was performed between any of these steps with immediate repeatable results. What a pain to chase down all these files in hidden folders and such and delete them between installs and have to set all my program settings back again. And to have it still cause errors after all that... then do all those steps again and have it make the I/O errors again with the fresh install of the one that was previously working without error to come back with errors.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Well im forcing nobody to try a clean install the right way, not everyone is doing it how its supposed to be thats why I put it here. Then its certainly a 64bit problem if it still exist, nothing I can do. Only thing is to post it at launchpad maybe.
s4nder

Post by s4nder »

I removed all the roaming and local folders, did a registry clean and reinstalled. The problem persists even with completely new downloads. Went back to uTorrent for now though that regularly kicks my gateway offline. I don't know what to use anymore, heh.
Last edited by s4nder on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

From the reports we should consider that the problem persists.
Also, I don't think that removing the application settings/configs is required.
If I recall correctly qbittorrent when compiled with libtorrent 0.15.5 didn't have this problem(at least noone reported any). I will built qbt 2.8.4 against libtorrent 0.15.5 and let you test it guys.