qBittorrent 2.8.4 **unofficial mingw build**

Windows specific questions, problems.
shank

Re: qBittorrent 2.8.4 **unofficial mingw build**

Post by shank »

I simply uninstalled 2.7.3 and installed the 2.8.4 msvc build and no more I/O errors!  I didnt bother manually deleting any old files or caches.  I completed a torrent that was already in progress from 2.7.3 and a completely new torrent with this new build and no I/O errors.  This one was compiled with libtorrent 0.15.7 so, it looks like it was mingw after all?  Thanks for following this thread and the suggestions!
Rastaman

Post by Rastaman »

Interesting... .torrent files with East Asian characters work in this new release. Previously they wouldn't even load into the program.
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

[quote="Rastaman"]
Interesting... .torrent files with East Asian characters work in this new release. Previously they wouldn't even load into the program.
[/quote]

Another good point for MSVC, i presume.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

[quote="Rastaman"]
[/quote]

That's also interesting to me. Because I really want to test and mingw instead of msvc. Thank you for pointing this out too. I will add this to my todo list too.
What is "east asian"? Japanese/Chinese/Korean? (yes I do not know much about geography)

EDIT: Nevermind, I've confirmed that Japanese filenames don't work.
Last edited by sledgehammer_999 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rastaman

Post by Rastaman »

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
[quote="Rastaman"]
[/quote]

That's also interesting to me. Because I really want to test and mingw instead of msvc. Thank you for pointing this out too. I will add this to my todo list too.
What is "east asian"? Japanese/Chinese/Korean? (yes I do not know much about geography)

[/quote]

I download Korean torrents, strange tho that Japanese doesn't work.

Edit: Just tried one. It wouldn't load at first but I removed the text from the filename and it then loaded. The content of the torrent itself is in Japanese as well and it shows in the main program window in Japanese just fine.
Last edited by Rastaman on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

[quote="Rastaman"]
[quote="Rastaman"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I download Korean torrents, strange tho that Japanese doesn't work.

Edit: Just tried one. It wouldn't load at first but I removed the text from the filename and it then loaded. The content of the torrent itself is in Japanese as well and it shows in the main program window in Japanese just fine.
[/quote]

This is a charset encoding issue. The filename passed to qbt from Windows doesn't get converted correctly and that leads to a garbled string.  Pfff I am getting bored of this.
loki

Post by loki »

Would that be unicode support (for torrent names, not just interface translations)? That's a fairly significant program-wide problem if I understand correctly, not simply compiler related. Also I recall reading somewhere that MSVC supports wide characters, but I think this is not the same as cyrillic or asian characters.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

[quote="loki"]
Would that be unicode support (for torrent names, not just interface translations)? That's a fairly significant program-wide problem if I understand correctly, not simply compiler related. Also I recall reading somewhere that MSVC supports wide characters, but I think this is not the same as cyrillic or asian characters.
[/quote]

Well from the old thread that got lost in the forum transition one of the problems that my very first build suffered was broken Unicode support. At that time, libtorrent when compiled on Windows it used std::wstrings for charset decoding/encoding. But unfortunately, std::wstring support in mingw is broken(it says so on their site). At first I didn't realize it because the source build without any errors. When I noticed it I took a look at the libtorrent sources. It turns out that libtorrent uses libiconv under Linux for the charset conversions. So I made it use libiconv on Windows too. After I did this, it seemed to work on my machine(I use greek letters) but I didn't test with all the different charsets. As it seems east asian charset conversion is still broken.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

I might be wrong but could that letter issue caused by the font that isnt available at your pc? Don't know for sure but thought imma mention it, worth a try :). Otherwise the cause is somewhere else what sledge mentioned I guess.
msolace

Post by msolace »

What do you mean all releases? Do you mean 2.2.9 to 2.8.4?
[/quote]

Sorry I meant post 2.7.3 ...

Anyways new msvc version is working 8)
Candoris

Post by Candoris »

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6648893 ... ng_version made a torrent for this wonderful version.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

It is already uploaded on the official site.
throwaway42

Post by throwaway42 »

Is the build on the main website's download page the MSVC build?
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Yes it is.