qBittorrent 2.8.4 **unofficial mingw build**

Windows specific questions, problems.
loki

Re: qBittorrent 2.8.4 **unofficial mingw build**

Post by loki »

I have successfully built a few things, within linux, and used mingw (in windows) to build a program before. However, if errors in a build arise I usually just give up... at which point there's already a built version to use anyway. I wouldn't consider myself very experienced.
That link with build instructions is likely to be very useful if I decide to dive right into this.
majin5

Post by majin5 »

@sledge

Nope I just used the build you posted at the start of this this thread, so mingw.

Also to confirm your previous build of 2.8.2 had the same I/O errors when adding torrents. So I chalked it up to being a problem with libtorrent. I don't remember where in the launchpad bugs I read this but someone mentioned that libtorrent might have been the guilty party for 64 bit versions of windows.

I was using the 2.7.3 previously and none of the builds have been compiled by me. Am not sure if this was based on the 0.15.5 of libtorrent. Please confirm this.

@msolace

I've tested by adding new torrents for for iso, mkv and mp4 file to different location on the same hdd. Worked fine.
I also resumed the same from the backup of the old 2.7.3 data. Both worked fine with no I/O errors.
Windows 7 x64 4gb ram.

I believe the problem with x64 systems lies partly with the libottorent version used and the ses_state file in the cache folder.
Last edited by majin5 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
RMP13

Post by RMP13 »

[quote="majin5"]
Hi everyone,

Thnx for the new build for qbittorrent release. Was waiting for this forever.

Ok to people having the I/O errors on Win 7 x64. Here might be the solution.

Firstly a clean install did help with no I/O errors popping up while loading torrents however this involved deleting everything including the files in the qbittorent folders in the Local and Roaming directories under Users/username/Appdata.

After this I basically copied back the contents of theses folders (had previously backed it up) but the I/O errors resurfaced. Finally narrowed it down to the "cache folder" in Users/username/Appdata/Local/qbittorent/ .

So to surmise uninstall 2.7.3. Delete the cache folder. Install 2.8.4 and you should be fine.

Note I'm using 2.8.4 compiled with libtorrent 0.15.7 under Win 7 x64.

Lastly like to report the stupid behaviour of qbittorrent of going on downloading previously downloaded torrents that had been removed or marked as read from RSS feeds seems to be fixed with this new ver.
[/quote]
Thanks for your help!  :) Win Vista  x64.
Candoris

Post by Candoris »

new downloads work, but old ones don't resume using majin's method... blah blah memory error. w7 64
+No luck with new downloads either - uninstalled 2.7.3, deleted cache, installed 2.8.4 - all same problems...
Last edited by Candoris on Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
majin5

Post by majin5 »

@candoris

Ok dude seems the thing works fine till you restart the program then the I/O error pops up again on all active torrents. I had it running non stop from morning till I read your post when I decided to duplicate the problem you had.

For me manually deleting the ses_state file before I relaunch the program seems to solve it. It works perfect till the next time I quit and restart the program. This while not ideal is still a step over 2.8.2 which would give probs after just 10 mins of running any torrent.

I also tried the 2nd unofficial build with libtorrent 0.15.5 that sledge posted same problem when you restart the program. For me the problem seems to be isolated to the ses_state file.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Well as it seems mingw is at fault here. I did a msvc build(it was a lot quicker than I thougt it would be) and tested it under Win 7 x64. It seems to work fine.
I also tested majin5's solution. If you use a mingw build and delete this file -> C:\Users/username/Appdata/Local/qbittorent/cache/ses_state BEFORE launching qBittorrent then it will download torrents just fine. (Thanks majin5)

Here it is 2.8.4 build with MSVC 2008 Express. Please report if the bug still exists.
Boost: 1.47
Libtorrent: 0.15.7
Qt: 4.7.3

link1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TLKW1OED
link2: http://www.mediafire.com/?89grjodrd3zl4sl

As it seems for the future I will do msvc builds until libtorrent is fixed for mingw.
Last edited by sledgehammer_999 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loki

Post by loki »

I tried to build myself and got as far as libtorrent which is probably pretty good considering my track record. I was using, or attempted anyway, MSVC 2010 Express.
I'll have a tryout of your most recent build and see how it goes.
majin5

Post by majin5 »

;D Ooh fast service today. Thnx sledge for the new one with mscv. Installed and restarted, no I/O errors on resume. Will update 8 hrs from now of any errors while running.

@loki lol i had tried the same when i rechecked the forums.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Well done sledge :), thanks for your time and effort! I hope this fixes the I/O problems with all 64bit users here.
loki

Post by loki »

So far, has fixed for me as well. Also, restarted qbittorrent and downloaded another still no I/O errors.

Thanks for your hard work and dedication.
Rastaman

Post by Rastaman »

Working good so far, kudos sledge
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

I've made a binary page here:
http://ieatcats.info/0/dl/qbittorrent_windows/

You can simply direct download the stuff. No ads, nothing. My site.
Sledge, or anyone who will build a win binary: When you release them, just message me and I'll update the page above.

(Also, thanks for your work.)
Candoris

Post by Candoris »

Many thanks, works here too! (though surprisingly each torrent takes longer to start downloading, but speed is then fine). Seems lighter on the system and hdd, but maybe I'm just seeing things...

Should be put as main build on dl page for windows, imho.
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

[quote="shiki"]
I've made a binary page here...
[/quote]
Good idea, shiki :)
loki

Post by loki »

[quote="Candoris"]
(though surprisingly each torrent takes longer to start downloading, but speed is then fine)
[/quote]

It might be due to the way multiple trackers are handled now, the way it is "required to behave" per bittorrent specifications.