[Solved] Graceful shutdown

Windows specific questions, problems.
Rastaman

[Solved] Graceful shutdown

Post by Rastaman »

Does qbittorrent use something similar to graceful shutdowns? I notice there is no "Stop" command (really?), only "Pause". So if you pause it and delete the torrent (or not delete and just close the program) does it update trackers so all upload is counted? From my very limited tests I don't think it does, but it's hard for me to tell since all the trackers I use I have very high upload amounts and it's hard to tell when little MB's are added.
loki

Re: Graceful Shutdown

Post by loki »

You got a point there, and I'm not sure if it has or why it hasn't been brought up before... I believe from previous tests myself, it does not "shutdown gracefully" as in contact the tracker and send the "stop command" when closing the program. With private trackers you'll likely notice yourself seemingly seeding a file on more than one instance. In actuality the other seeding session hasn't ended yet and the tracker is still waiting to hear back, it usually resolves itself after a certain timeout period. But it does represent a problem that you would be missing a certain amount of upload (if you did upload between the last announce and when you shutdown).
Now, if you pause and/or delete a torrent (not necessary to do both steps) it does contact the tracker and send the "stop command." (No lost upload amounts.)

Next, I'm sure this point has been brought up before... the whole pause vs stop difference. In fact, there is no difference pause IS the same as stop in this program. It would be redundant to have both.